BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order with these guys 13 days ago, paid for ground shipping (it should be here in one day since we're both located in California). I have sent numerous emails asking for a status on my order, but no one will reply.

Has anyone had similar experiences with them?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Beastpower has been around for a while, I bought from them back in 2003. But their prices are by far NOT competetive to others! There are so many vendors out there now who I have dealt with, they have all delivered! And great prices!

Personally, Beastpower is the last place I would look for parts! They have gone to sleep for a while now!

I keep say "they" but it's onjly one guy running this inline store! They are not physcially available i beleive!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I've purchased 2 exhaust systems over the years, and Beastpower has always done right by me. Daniel, the owner, also went out of his way to find me a titanium pedal set-- he even offered to sell me the one off his own car when I ran into trouble. At the end of the day he ended up convincing the owner of Ultimate Pedals to do a short run of pedals using a $1200 piece of titanium stock. I have them now, and I love them!

Totally and completely reputable-- and a good guy as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess reputable is a relative term here. I am a businessman. Almost 100% of my business is conducted online. If an item is out of stock on any of my sites, we inform customers before they purchase. When they pay, their order is shipped the same or next business day. If someone has a question about their order, someone will answer them promptly.

That is my idea of reputable.

What is going on right now with my order at beastpower.com is a complete scam.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I think it all depends of credit facility! If the vendor does not have a credit facility with the manufacturer, then they usually do not risk placing order and paying, and then hoping the customer confirm payment.

I think that's what's happening!

Personally, if a vendor does not have credit, I would be worried.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well they charged my credit card, I expect a product. It should not matter what they credit line is with their supplier.

Im guessing their merchant account is about to go out next as Im certain Im not the first to do a chargeback with them.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Well they charged my credit card, I expect a product. It should not matter what they credit line is with their supplier.

Im guessing their merchant account is about to go out next as Im certain Im not the first to do a chargeback with them.
It's certainly within your right to refuse the charge with your card holder if you feel as though a merchant isn't going to make good on a sale. I can't make a judgment as to whether or not you're receiving good customer service, but stating that you're being scammed may be libelous. There may indeed be legitimate reasons for the delay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts