BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I only live about an hour away from Miami. I was thinking about (after I buy and install my exhaust) taking a trip to Active to have there tune Installed. I've really wanted to see there store for a while anyways.

(Active Autowerke E39 M5 Performance Software -- Active Autowerke Online Store)

So my question is, does anyone know anything about there tune? Are the HP numbers accurate? Are they known for good tunes? Is anyone running there tune?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
486 Posts
The PO had the AA tune software installed on the car along with the CAI. At the same time he did a full Supersprint system headers, race cats, x, magnums.

As it happens I just called Active Auto last week to ask about the work they do and the E39 packages they have, as they are more of an M3 place it seems. Some one there looked up my Vin and told me the tune included the CAI and the exhaust.

The reason I called at first was when we had my car on the lift to change a couple of belts we noticed that the CAI (which is a combo ram air brake cooling system, coming from intake ports in the grill) was installed incorrectly. We found the inner plastic fenderwell covering the metal ducting that comes back to throw air on the rotors. This area should be cut away or the air does not reach the rotors. Anyway we cut it out and turned my rotors.

I digress, I can tell you this the car has performed perfectly from 78k when purchased in May 2010 to the 112500 miles I have now. I have not had it on a dino but have driven one other M5 and mine is faster.

I do not hear many board members talking about AA's tune so hopefully more comments will arrive.

Curtis

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
About every BMW tuner is more entwined with the M3 world than the rest of us. Cant blame them.

Personally IMO without complimenting mods a tune wont help much

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Seeing as I only live about an hour away from Miami. I was thinking about (after I buy and install my exhaust) taking a trip to Active to have there tune Installed. I've really wanted to see there store for a while anyways.

(Active Autowerke E39 M5 Performance Software -- Active Autowerke Online Store)

So my question is, does anyone know anything about there tune? Are the HP numbers accurate? Are they known for good tunes? Is anyone running there tune?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
AA has not really put much focus on the E39 M5 platform, as much of their work is tailored to the M3 guys. I cannot say whether or not their numbers or accurate, but can only speak about their history, or lack thereof, with our cars and engines. I suggest checking out tuners who have a known history of working with our cars, especially if power is a priority of yours.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the AA tune and have been super pleased with their customer service. There is a noticeable difference in power and I love the sport memory but I do not enjoy the new found jerkiness with throttle modulation. The car becomes much more difficult to drive smoothly and almost impossible to drive with Sport activated. Another thing that is not often mentioned is that they also have the capabilites to delete the SAI and post Cat o2s.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Company Representative for ADV.1 Wheels
540 Posts
We work with AA here as they are local to us. Their entire crew is top notch and their customer service is hard to beat. I've never heard a complaint and all the M3 boys seem to be happy with their tunes. I don't have any first hand experience with an E39 tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts