BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an 06 with a CD Changer and Ipod Adapter. I routed the iPod adapter to a spec.dock which I installed. It was a great setup and worked well.

Now, however, I have an 07 with no changer (and obviously no iPod adapter).

What are my options to get something in line with what I had? I could get a spec.dock, but that's really only a mounting/wiring solution... what about connecting via iDrive? I dont care to do something controlled by the iPod. I can already do that via an AUX cable.

Dension? Something else? It would also be really cool to be able to run video playback, or stream youtube, etc. to the factory display. Are these things possible?

Thanks in advance for any direction! I know there have been some pretty crazy things done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
BMW should be able to run an iPod hookup that works thru the Idrive. They installed a cable for an iPod in my 330 that I use thru the Idrive. My M5 had the iPod adapter already in the center console...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but did that 3 series have a cd changer? I believe the iPod hookup typically runs off some of the CDC connection.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Get the OEM BMW iPod interface, and let the dealer program the car and install it for you! It is under service bulletin and should be done free of charge!

As long as your dealer can get your single cd drive to read MP3 CD's, you can hook up the iPod interface yourself! Takes 5 minutes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts