BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen all the previous threads on the Ipod install etc. I have a 2006 M5 and have a 80gb Ipod with 14000 songs. Want to play in the beast. Its no good if I have to go back to the beginning of the song or if the Ipod doesnt charge when the car is off. So, have there been any changes or other after market devices fabricated since the last of these threads? Many of them are from 2007 and its well into 2008.

What about using an FM tuner? I used one in my suv when i was in Nicaragua ( i have a home there) but now I am back in vegas and when I treid to use it in the beast it was shaky at best. I am just trying to see all of my options and what new ones are available before I jump into this.

·
Registered
316 Posts
iPOD connector instead of the glove box CD Changer in my 07, dealer installed. Connected to a Gen 5 Video iPOD. Once you turn the car off and arm the alarm, the iPOD does not charge. Also, the song starts from the beginning if interrupted during playback.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have not checked to see if my Ipod keeps charging, but the fact is that you really need a dedicated Ipod for the car. The constant charging while the car is on has destroyed the battery life of mine. If I happen to use it outside the car, I am lucky ot get 4 hours of play on a full charge. They simply were not designed to be plugged into a chargins source all of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts