BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a iPod Nano with several thousand songs 'slaved' into my '08. I am pretty happy with how I can access the music on my car stereo, except for one thing. Some of my albums(sorted by artists) aren't showing up on the menu? I took a look at my iPod and it still shows the 'missing' albums.
Any thoughts on how to access all of my music library?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a iPod Nano with several thousand songs 'slaved' into my '08. I am pretty happy with how I can access the music on my car stereo, except for one thing. Some of my albums(sorted by artists) aren't showing up on the menu? I took a look at my iPod and it still shows the 'missing' albums.

Any thoughts on how to access all of my music library?
Hi Tim,

How is your iPod connected to your car's stereo? AUX cable? (i.e. the 3.5mm jack behind the center console armrest - a factory option); or did you have a CD changer replaced with the BMW iPod integration cable (i.e. you can control your iPod via your steering wheel controls and the album/artist information is visible on your vehicle's iDrive screen)?

In sum, which "menu" are your albums not showing up on - the car's iDrive menu, or the iPod's screen?

Off the top of my head, this sounds like a problem related to how the songs are stored on your iPod itself. You may need to do some rearranging on your iPod (save the audio files differently; purchase songs directly from iTunes, etc. etc.). Re-sync your iPod Nano with your iTunes and do a little fine-tuning with your playlists.

I have an iPod Classic in place of where the vehicle's CD changer was previously located in the glove box (my local dealership added the hardware). All of the playlists, songs, artists, and albums are easily accessible and visible on the car's iDrive screen. I never used the CD changer, and love the iPod access.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Reactions: Benzin

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Tim,

How is your iPod connected to your car's stereo? AUX cable? (i.e. the 3.5mm jack behind the center console armrest - a factory option); or did you have a CD changer replaced with the BMW iPod integration cable (i.e. you can control your iPod via your steering wheel controls and the album/artist information is visible on your vehicle's iDrive screen)?

In sum, which "menu" are your albums not showing up on - the car's iDrive menu, or the iPod's screen?

Off the top of my head, this sounds like a problem related to how the songs are stored on your iPod itself. You may need to do some rearranging on your iPod (save the audio files differently; purchase songs directly from iTunes, etc. etc.). Re-sync your iPod Nano with your iTunes and do a little fine-tuning with your playlists.

I have an iPod Classic in place of where the vehicle's CD changer was previously located in the glove box (my local dealership added the hardware). All of the playlists, songs, artists, and albums are easily accessible and visible on the car's iDrive screen. I never used the CD changer, and love the iPod access.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Lee,
Thanks for the reply!
My iPod is connected to the car via the Apple supplied cable through an outlet in the center console-hidden underneath that weird cell phone tray thingy.
I can access songs via the display(iDrive screen) and my steering wheel. I have a hunch you are right about how my albums are organized on my iPod. I may go through it and see if I need to reorganize anything.

Thanks again!! :cool:

EDIT: all my albums show up on my iPod screen, but not the iDrive display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts