BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after spending a couple of hours digging into the CD changer to unstick a CD (first CD use in months - I'd rather listen to the engine), I decided maybe it's time to come out of the cave and get an ipod. From the board posts, it looks like the 3 options for integration kits are Dice Silverline, Intravee 2/Alpine, and Dension. youtube videos show that the Intravee display is way nicer than Silverline, but the Dice would still be workable and is $150 vs. $350 for Intravee/Alpine. The only Dension video I saw was a Gateway 300, which looked about the same as the Dice.

Fortunately I don't have the dreaded coax CD interface.

So for the money, it looks like the Dice is the best choice (along with an 80GB ipud classic). It will probably cost an extra $60 for the line amp as discussed by whatthehe$#.

Any confirmation or controversy about these conclusions? Anybody think that Dension is the better choice?

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the DICE right now (not silverline) and i think its great but I'm going to switch to the Intravee/Alpine set up. If you want to purchase my DICE set up and then upgrade to silverline (its around $50) let me know. It has the specdoc too :cheers:

Chris

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have the DICE right now (not silverline) and i think its great but I'm going to switch to the Intravee/Alpine set up. If you want to purchase my DICE set up and then upgrade to silverline (its around $50) let me know. It has the specdoc too :cheers:

Chris

Why are you switching? Whats the advantage?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why are you switching? Whats the advantage?
I figure that having a 400 hp, two ton car flying down the road is enough of a danger in itself without having to look down at my iPod everytime I want to change songs. Seriously though, the intravee/alpine set up allows you to fully control the iPod through the navigation rather than just the song scrolling that the DICE uses. Now the silverline allows similar control to the intravee but the silverline is based off of the playlist and having 2800+ songs, that is just rediculous.

Intravee:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d2tUWbPcPdQ

Silverline:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FDfEjp5Nykc

Hope that helps :cheers:
Chris

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those were the 2 videos I looked at, and it makes the Dice look pretty antiquated (but still $200 cheaper).

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
DICE is certainly the cheaper option, and in this case, like others, you get what you pay for.
The Intravee II is, IMO, streets ahead in functionality.
I had a DICE, it died, I now have intravee - apples and oranges.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Those were the 2 videos I looked at, and it makes the Dice look pretty antiquated (but still $200 cheaper).
Yeah the price is better. Mine will be for sale in about a week (I hope), if your interested shoot me a PM.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts