BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone hooked up their iPod to their car using an Aux input into the Logic 7 stereo? My dealer is unsure but I believe that there was a way to create an aux input for the iPod. Any thoughts and where I may buy the necessary parts?

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
267 Posts
gwongster said:
Hi,

Has anyone hooked up their iPod to their car using an Aux input into the Logic 7 stereo? My dealer is unsure but I believe that there was a way to create an aux input for the iPod. Any thoughts and where I may buy the necessary parts?

Thanks

Gary
It is a retro-fit part #65 12 0 153 502.

Do not call it an Ipod retro-fit. Will confuse dealer(s). It is a pure audio Aux Input. Audio in only, no device control. Can be used with any device that haas a headset or line out outputs. Line out is best.

Copy of document here:

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
cobradav said:
It is a retro-fit part #65 12 0 153 502.

Do not call it an Ipod retro-fit. Will confuse dealer(s). It is a pure audio Aux Input. Audio in only, no device control. Can be used with any device that haas a headset or line out outputs. Line out is best.

Copy of document here:
Additional you need a cable for socket to socket 3,5mm and an ipod holder.

·
Registered
267 Posts
SalesOrgBuilder said:
Additional you need a cable for socket to socket 3,5mm and an ipod holder.
Shucks, and here I thought BMW supplied the "Ipod" holder:)

Actually I was in a US electronics chain store yesterday and glanced at the Ipod section (I have different brand for specific reasons) and saw at least 6 - 8 different holders for vehicle installations.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am hearing rumours of an ipod system that integrates with the car controls on the steering wheel and also charges the ipod. Not sure if it is available for the m6 though or if it available inthe UK yet.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Webby said:
I am hearing rumours of an ipod system that integrates with the car controls on the steering wheel and also charges the ipod. Not sure if it is available for the m6 though or if it available inthe UK yet.
It's not really a rumour. Have a look.
http://ipodyourbmw.com/

·
Registered
230 Posts
only it doesn't work in an m6 or any car equipped with navigation ie completely useless for us grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr

·
Registered
829 Posts
Webby said:
only it doesn't work in an m6 or any car equipped with navigation ie completely useless for us grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr
You're right. It's just compatible with the E46 (3 series), X3, X5 and Z4. Should've looked further then my nose before I replied.

What is this with BMW nav in combination with MP3? Why is it so hard for them to provide both, they're both just software features.

·
Registered
267 Posts
frylord said:
You're right. It's just compatible with the E46 (3 series), X3, X5 and Z4. Should've looked further then my nose before I replied.

What is this with BMW nav in combination with MP3? Why is it so hard for them to provide both, they're both just software features.
I am not sure BMW actually works these software issues or farm them out to a 3rd party vendor. Just have not paid that much attention as I get waht I want through SAT Radio and Aux Input. Since I am not a true iPod user I would not expect my brand (Samsung) to be support by either a BMW solution or third party such as Denision. But Denison is working on a integrated iPod solution for us E60-E64 guys with iDrive and Nav. But they are finding it was harder to accomplish as well as the product release keeps getting pushed out. I would be surprprised if it is prior to 06/06, but do claim earlier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts