BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have long held off on acquiring an iPhone mount as I usually just lay it in the change cup below the ashtray. But I picked up a vbox which can connect via Bluetooth for realtime display so I'd like to pick up a mount.

I've got a 6 and will likely get the next iteration in a couple of weeks but am hoping it's the same form factor.

Anyone else have an iPhone 6 with a car mount they like? Pics would be awesome.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I using a vent mount. I now have a iPhone 6, and still works in the same location -- great position for running WAZE.

I like it because I can move it rental cars, when I'm flying. With that said, I'm thinking about trying a CD slot mount, again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
CD slot mount? Never saw those. That won't work on my Range though as the cockpit has a million buttons but the CD/DVD is nicely hidden away. Would have to use a vent holder. But actually I can lay it in landscape mode right on the ledge in front of the NAV screen is and it stay perfectly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I just bought a Ram Mount X-grip from Amazon ($45) -->

Attachments

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I using a vent mount. I now have a iPhone 6, and still works in the same location -- great position for running WAZE.

I like it because I can move it rental cars, when I'm flying. With that said, I'm thinking about trying a CD slot mount, again.
What brand is your vent mount Woody? There are a ton of styles on Amazon but would rather just get yours knowing it fits good and works for you. :)

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
What brand is your vent mount Woody? There are a ton of styles on Amazon but would rather just get yours knowing it fits good and works for you. :)
I'll take a pic for you when I get home -- I'm in the Audi today.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Here you go Tony.

I keep a spare in my briefcase for my rental cars...very small footprint for travel.

RAM mounts are also good. I've used them for years in my LandCruiser.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
ProClip attached to a Ram Mount!

·
Registered
5,826 Posts

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
And the phone doesn't slide/slip out? Will this work on a 6+

No slip, whatsoever. It will work with the extra width/weight of my Mophie and ZeroLemon spare battery cases that I use in rental cars.

I don't know if it will work on a 6+

1 - 20 of 24 Posts