BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is an invitation I received from "Alpina-Freunde" - a club focussing on the older Alpina models.

They are organising a meeting on Meilenwerk Region Stuttgart/Germany on 17-19th June 2011.

Regrettably I won't be able to make it but perhaps a number of other boardmembers might be interested?
Hint: take lots of pictures(!) ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good questions - to which I don't have the final answer.
Maybe we should organise an Alpinaboard.com International meeting as well? ;)

Just to clarify: I posted this invitation because I was asked very nicely to because AFAIK the organisers aren't members here. I have nothing to do with the organisation or the club itself. Maybe I should have made that more clear - in the future in these cases I will ask the organisers to become a member and post on behalf of themselves.

What I do agree with you is that the Alpina community is so small that it makes little sense to have many separate small international meetings.

In my opinon this is a task for an umbrella organisation of Alpina clubs to organise. This organisation exists - it's called Alpina-Gemeinschaft - and it has an official status with BMW & Alpina. In the past years this organisation has been fairly inactive on an international basis. From what I understand this is will change.

·
Registered
260 Posts
To clarify some things ...

This meeting is not the first international Meeting of BMW and Alpina-Cars - it's also not some kind of official Meeting of the 125 year celebration of the automobil. You probably know that the first Automobil was build in Mannheim - not in Stuttgart. And it wasn't build by BMW or Alpina ;) ... but by Carl Benz.

Currently the only official recognized Club (i.e. recognized and supported both by BMW AG and Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH&Co. KG) is the Alpina-Gemeinschaft e.V. - it's the defacto umbrella organisation for all Alpina Enthusiasts and Clubs - all Meetings the Club organises are free, you don't have to pay to go there ... you even don't have be a Member to attend the Meetings (except for the Member Meetings/assembly).
The "Alpina-Freunde e.V." is neither a Member-Organisation of the Alpina-Gemeinschaft nor the BMW Clubs International Council.

The Alpina-Gemeinschaft has its annual Meeting 1st of July to the 3rd in the Leipzig Region - where traditionally also some international Members join us. And there's also the 3rd international Meeting at Kleinheiligkreuz in September which is a freely organised Meeting and supported by the Club.

I agree with Kees that it does not really make sense to install more and more Clubs for a small community of enthusiasts ... I don't know if it also makes sense to introduce meeting-fees to make these meetings more special and exclusive.

But - everybody is free to attend meetings, to organise clubs, to raise fees etc. ... don't get me wrong ... But as the name of the Alpina-Gemeinschaft was mentioned I would like to make some things clear before there's a discussion going in the wrong direction - or somebody thinks that this would be a Meeting officially supported by the Club, Alpina or BMW itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Alpina-Fans,

i agree with any points of Horke, but not in all.. To call the Alpina Gemeinschaft (AG) as the only official club is only his opinion..

It´s fundamented in his membership i the AG - and it´s ok - but subjective! I now, that different interests causing different clubs! So there is the point, why ALPINAFREUNDE do exist! And why not - we are able to focus togehter o some parts of our hobby, and some parts of our hobby will be followed on in our own community - I don´t know where´s the problem of all these AG-Members - which i personally know!!! I think there are some personnel problems of the past focussed on their clubs!

I don´t want a concurrenting fight for mebers or party participants - i want a coexistense and thechance or enjoying ou hobby togehter in every way we want to to do this!#

Back to party - i will try to introduce myself in a few our (afterworx) and i will post a programme of the meeting in BB..

So just pull together on our hobby - and in the same direction!

Greetz

ALPINAFREUND
also known as reaktivator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Horke,

i do not misunderstand your opinion and i agree with the existance of the AG - but please try to understand my position and think a little bit of the past - as i started with posting on the forum, the AG was in deep argues and it was a neutral forum... I stayed neutral and now since my menbership in the ALPINAFREUNDE iám always in fire of some AG Members, which i do not understand and accept!

Please let us not fight on a public forum like this - please accept a new type of club with Alpina enthusiasts and i think we´re able to join our events together - i will join KHK as well as last year.. what´s about you?

Gretz

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello Frank,

As I wrote before - I just commented on the Post of Kees about an umbrella organization being responsible to organize this event. I just wanted to make clear that this Meeting is not an official Meeting by the official Club ... I wrote nothing negative about the "Alpina-Freunde" - I can repeat again that everybody is free to join whatever Club they like and to go to whatever Meeting they want to go to and to pay as many fees as the want to pay ...

You joined the Forum on the 19 th of January - the first post was to doubt that the Alpina-Gemeinschaft e.V. is an official recognized Club by BMW and Alpina. You wrote that it's "only his opinion" (i.e. my opinion).
Your second post - you state that the Alpina Gemeinschaft (aka - "AG") "was" a neutral forum. I can only repeat that it's still a neutral Forum. What I can agree with is that you write the AG was in deep argues. Some members left - now some of them argue under the new name of "Alpina-Freunde". That's my conclusion - as the AG is not in argues any more ... But that's just my 5Cent to your posting.

You remind me not to "fight" in public - by fighting in the public. What should I reply to that ? You doubt everything and again write things which are not true. Instead of staying with facts you bring up one false argument after another.

You proclaim a Meeting under a Name which is presumptuous - as "the first international BMW and BMW/Alpina Meeting" is not being held in June - there were a lot Meetings before where international BMW and BMW/Alpina-Drivers met ... you yourself wrote that you attended at least one ...

Why do you use the Username of "alpinafreund" when you want others to be "neutral" ... ? You had the same problems with posting the same information to other forums, why do you bring over this problems here ?

At the last Meetings of the "Alpina-Freunde" some of the Members of the AG did not attend - as they got mails that the Organiser did not want them to attend the meeting - or to meet at the same location ... so why do you ask to "join the events together" ... why do you still believe that this will be an open or neutral meeting ?

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the request of several persons - including non-boardmembers here - this thread is closed.
It seems the discussion is entering a political minefield.

I propose that Alpina-Freunde repost the invitation themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.