BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my dream car—an E39 M5 Beast! I’m relatively new to the forum and got some great advise from several folks through my “resale value” post. A special thanks to CSBM5, who also has the same, rare color combo.

It’s a 2002 E39 M5 with 111k miles, Le Mans Blue, Black/Silverstone leather, Aluminum trim and all stock (except kidney grills and drills/slotted front rotors)—exactly what I’ve been searching for. I picked it up in Scottsdale, AZ last weekend and enjoyed the drive through Las Vegas on my way home to Boise, ID. As luck would have it, there was an ‘M Fest’ convention in Vegas that weekend (MFest VIII), so I got an extra dose of M-car thrills! Not many E39 M5s there and no cars in Le Mans Blue either.

Check out MFest here:
  1. Facebook
  2. CarNinja
The Beast was an absolute thrill to drive, especially at 150 through the Nevada desert. Would have hit the 155 limiter if it wasn’t for the severe headwind and nervous wife as co-pilot. I was amazed at how quickly it got to 150 and incredible smooth…wow!

I already have my first order into ECS Tuning (just refresh/repair stuff, keeping it stock). Looking forward to ownership, which I expect will be much easier through this great forum. Glad to be part of the M5 family!!!

The last pic below is the line-up of my family’s BMWs (left to right: my E46 328 (now my wife’s daily and my winter car), Mom’s 740iL, My New Beast!, Aunt’s E36 328, and sister’s E30 325).

Josh

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Welcome to the beast. The road trip introduction experience is the best. I like the family photo, in part b/c that driveway is so wide.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Looks great - congratulations!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice looking car.

I'm local, never went out to go look at this one, just because of the color combo. Glad someone here bought it!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great looking car. Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Car is beautiful, amazing color combo. :tonquesmilie:

My M5 intro was 10+ years ago as I drove it back from Denver across eastern Colorado and Kansas on I-70. Having a 540i at the time, it was a pleasure to stretch the M5's legs in the middle of nowhere. Early in the morning, leaving the motel at 5am, I think I drove on I-70 out of Colby KS for almost 10 minutes before seeing another car in either direction.

As luck would have it, there was an ‘M Fest’ convention in Vegas that weekend (MFest VIII), so I got an extra dose of M-car thrills! Not many E39 M5s there and no cars in Le Mans Blue either.
Strange. A number of years ago we had an M5 meet locally and 6 out of the 9 cars that showed up were LMB. :)

Enjoy the beast!

Chuck

Reactions: joshua.cory

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Chuck. That's funny you had so many LMB colors at your Bimmer event. MFest in Vegas was definitely geared toward M3s and the tuned cars for track time.

I finished the paint this weekend (clay bar and Klasse All-In-One and Glaze)--looks amazing. Next is headlight restoration and a few brake/fix items. My rear view is in transit to Radar-Mirror and should be back by end of next week.

Josh

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome, aboard...like the shirt. Glad to have another beast in town!
Thanks Swardle. I don't seem many E39 M5's around Boise, so hopefully will meet up with you someday.

Are there ever any bimmer meet-ups or informal gatherings in town? The MFest event in Vegas was much bigger than anything we would have local.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts