BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Jet Black M5 with Extended Heritage Leather
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have hanging out on here reading posts and buying stuff haha. Figured to post up my baby and show you guys/girls. This is my 2002 M5, have owned it for almost a year, it is in the garage sleeping during this rough winter (in CT). Car is originally from California, owner bought it and owned it for 14 years. Good records, I bought it from the second owner who lived in Texas. Great guy, sold it for a 911 :-( but that's ok, I grabbed it and drove it where it is now.

The M5 had a great repair history, I wanted something a bit more flashy (Imola Red, etc.) but ended up not doing that. I looked for almost a year and found great color combos in rough shape mechanically (or rebuilt titles) and decided I didn't want to go down that road. The Jet Black is sexy though, I did a paint correction to it. My first time and I was nervous, Black is challenging. It has the the Black Nappa Heritage interior with Bruyere Wood.

I have been restoring it (just making it better). My wife works at FCP Euro so I am a bit spoiled and lucky lol. I am happy I have joined the BMW world, I have owned it all from Del Sol's to a Trans AM WS6. The M5 takes the cake overall, handling is fantastic and I enjoy these back roads in CT. Lucky to have bought it when I did, these prices are shooting up. Here are some pics of a photo shoot, by photographer Tom (Instagram: tsnic). Give me a follow and if you are in the area, lets meet up in the Spring or Summer time!

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 M5 Jet Black
12 Posts
Congrats. You’re obviously a meticulous owner so this M5 should have plenty of great days ahead of it. These shots are phenomenal. It’s the teddy bear for me, lol.

I’m flying down south to pick up my 2001 Jet Black/Caramel Heritage this weekend. Like you, I had certain color combo in mind. But it’s a one-owner car, has all service records and found it on the forum. Can’t turn that down. May Spring come early this year.

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Congrats. You’re obviously a meticulous owner so this M5 should have plenty of great days ahead of it. These shots are phenomenal. It’s the teddy bear for me, lol.

I’m flying down south to pick up my 2001 Jet Black/Caramel Heritage this weekend. Like you, I had certain color combo in mind. But it’s a one-owner car, has all service records and found it on the forum. Can’t turn that down. May Spring come early this year.
My color combo. To me, still spectacular 18 years later..............

Enjoy the drive home!!

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you and I am looking forward to those drives for sure. Teddy bear 🧸 is for sale at FCP Euro!

Oh man how exciting, such a great experience. First thing I did was wash it, then one more time right before reaching home.

But it honestly the best way to go, maintenance is key and how cool, from the original owner! Caramel too, nice! Good luck on the drive and enjoy it 😬.

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Original owner Jerry?
Almost, Bought 2001 MY from original owner in January 2003. 18k miles then, 135k miles now. Lots of mods over the years.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Almost, Bought 2001 MY from original owner in January 2003. 18k miles then, 135k miles now. Lots of mods over the years.

Regards,
Jerry
Fantastic, pretty much original 😉

I am on my start for a long road ahead, 1 year down

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great looking car and cool pics.

The first roller shot is excellent

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome bud, it's chong hing from IG.

Beautiful car as always.

Subscribed for updates!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome bud, it's chong hing from IG.

Beautiful car as always.

Subscribed for updates!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My man! I was just talking about you the other day. A friend was egging me on getting a S2000, hmmmm M5 and S2000 :unsure:

Yea my wife won't go for that :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2001 M5 Jet Black
12 Posts
My color combo. To me, still spectacular 18 years later..............

Enjoy the drive home!!

Regards,
Jerry
Funny this is I looked at my past and current vehicle. This purchase will continue a pattern: I bought a gray coupe, then a black sedan, followed by my current gray coupe. Time for another black sedan. I really have always wanted a bright blue car. But I don’t like new cars. However, I really wanted the Caramel interior. And Jet Black is my favorite of the shade. Hopefully, I’ll be a long term owner like you!

Reactions: gsfent

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Funny this is I looked at my past and current vehicle. This purchase will continue a pattern: I bought a gray coupe, then a black sedan, followed by my current gray coupe. Time for another black sedan. I really have always wanted a bright blue car. But I don’t like new cars. However, I really wanted the Caramel interior. And Jet Black is my favorite of the shade. Hopefully, I’ll be a long term owner like you!
When I got permission to purchase my M5 from the Minister of War and Finance, I knew i wanted the caramel interior. It had a Bentley/Aston/Rolls type quality look. It was very high end, and nothing has changed my mind after all these years.

The first car I looked at (locally) just happened to be jet black and the deal was made pretty quickly.

After all this time, I am very pleased. If I could choose ANY color, I might choose the Carbon Black (changes color in the light), but jet black is a very close second. When clean, it is pretty stunning.

I always though the caramel interior looked much better with the burl wood as opposed to the lighter, more orange colored trim ( I believe Bruyere).

Enjoy whatever you choose!!!

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome and congrats! Very nice E39 M5 w/ great shots.
Glad to be here, such a unique M car. Thanks and glad you liked the pictures. I’ll do another shoot this summer with the wife. She has a Passion Red S60R 🇸🇪

1 - 20 of 20 Posts