BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, got it installed and now there's a problem. Here's what I have...

2002 M5 build 10/01
DVD NAV Mk IV
BMW Factory Bluetooth
Mini-Amplifier to get proper sound from Bluetooth
BMW Factory Sirius
BMW BM53 updated radio

Just added Intravee II and Alpine KCA 420i

Here's the problem: when the Intravee/Alpine is playing I am getting a loud metallic sounding static. If you switch to radio, Sirius or tape it is not there.

So I the removed the two BMW connectors going into the Sirius radio and put them diectly into the Intravee and the metallic sound goes away...but that also loses the Sirius radio since it takes it out of the circuit.

Any clues as to what could be causing that? You would think the Intravee is bad intially, but it seems fine with the Sirius out of the loop. The sirius radio plays fine on it's own and worked fine with the CD player before it broke. The connection between the Sirius and the CD was fine, but not between the Sirius and the Intravee. Why is nothing ever easy for me when it come to the electronics on this car! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!

I don't want to have to choose between Sirius and iPod.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already did that. Apparently if you have both teh BMW factory sirius radio and an Intravee II, they both have noise cancelers in them. Used together they cancel each other out and the noise comes back.

Martin at bimmernav.com has a jumper that sovles the problem.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As usual, I love this board. I got my answer in the other thread where I posted mre detail about the problem and RichardP gave me the answer.

Very helpful place.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
the answer from RichardP was Contact Martin at BimmerNav and tell him you have Sirius radio, he can supply a jumper that changes the grounding characteristics of the Intravee which will get rid of the noise.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I have sent Martin an e-mail requesting the jumper that should take care of this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts