BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any gizmos out there that you can add on to get some of the Intravees bonus features without having to pay $250 for an Intravee? I'd love to have the auto mirror folding and AE DRLs but I intend to gut the stereo for an Android tablet so the Intravee is pretty pointless. Or would none of those features even work after yanking the main radio?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The features of the Intravee should only require that it is connected to the I-bus and has power and ground. You will, I believe still need the the oe head and video module (navigation or tv) to set the functions. After the functions are set the video and head unit can be removed. The video module and head unit will also need to be retained if you wish to alter your OBC settings.

On the flip side, the folding mirrors should be programmable via NCSExpert, and you can alter the vehicle harness to run the AEs as DRLs.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...n/137130-diy-wiring-your-angel-eyes-drls.html

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Aha, I did not know that about the mirrors. I didn't want to do the harness, but if the mirrors are taken care of elsewhere that makes it more appealing. Do you need a special cable for NCSExpert or can I use that Galleto cable that came with my JailBreak tune?

"The video module and head unit will also need to be retained if you wish to alter your OBC settings."
???

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Aha, I did not know that about the mirrors. I didn't want to do the harness, but if the mirrors are taken care of elsewhere that makes it more appealing. Do you need a special cable for NCSExpert or can I use that Galleto cable that came with my JailBreak tune?

"The video module and head unit will also need to be retained if you wish to alter your OBC settings."
???
I am not sure if the Galleto cable will work with INPA, DIS, NCS, NFS. Easy way to find out; connect the cable to your computer and launch INPA. If there is communication between the PC and the vehicle you should be good to go. I just use an BMW Cables OBD II to USB cable as it was only $50 and came with all the software.

As far as the OBC functions, if you press the B/C button (end of the turn signal lever) you can alter which items appear and in what order they scroll.

This is not to say that the head and navigation computer have to remain in the car on the ability to reconnect them does. IIRC, Timmay77, retained the navi' computer in the boot (trunk for the colonists) and created a facility to quickly attach the head (also in the boot).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts