BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post.

I have spent hours looking at lots of posts re colour and trim.

Can some of the owners of Interlogos cars tell me what trim they have ?

Are they happy with choice ?

What do you suggest about aluminium or wood dash trim.

Close to finalising a colour/trim combination for my M5.

Thanks in anticipation.:)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
I currently am leaning toward interlagos with a silverstone interior and madeira wood trim. Although a light interior is harder to keep clean, it brightens the interior and I especially like the two-tone contrast between light and dark that the Silverstone interior provides.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've ordered the Interlagos Blue (originally I wanted the Individual Malachite Green, but I'm not willing to spend even more $$ for paint) with Silverstone Interior and Aluminum Trim. I think the wood trim would clash with the coolish grey leather and the Aluminum Trim just looks more modern. I like Black Leather, but its a temperture issue. South California is a hot sunny place and the dark car with dark interior is asking for an over baked dog.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
I've ordered the Interlagos Blue (originally I wanted the Individual Malachite Green, but I'm not willing to spend even more $$ for paint) with Silverstone Interior and Aluminum Trim. I think the wood trim would clash with the coolish grey leather and the Aluminum Trim just looks more modern. I like Black Leather, but its a temperture issue. South California is a hot sunny place and the dark car with dark interior is asking for an over baked dog.
To each his own, of course, but I think the wood with Silverstone looks pretty sharp. Look at Chris Bailey's photo in this thread:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55483&page=2. (I couldn't manage to splice that photo into this message.)

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard geekabee!

I really don't like black interiors (having owned cars with this in the past). The car gets hotter and feels smaller inside. I'd say go for the Silverstone.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Personally I would go with the black and aluminum. But that is just me. I think they all work well. I like the silverstone/ silverstone combo very much!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
MRichmond said:
I currently am leaning toward interlagos with a silverstone interior and madeira wood trim. Although a light interior is harder to keep clean, it brightens the interior and I especially like the two-tone contrast between light and dark that the Silverstone interior provides.
I agree 100%. I have the interior combo you like with Silver Grey ext. I thought the wood with the light leather and the dark carpet would contrast well. Especially with the full leather Silverstone. ie having the extra light colored leather under the wood trim on the dash/glove box and around the transmission hump, looks sharp.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have interlagos blue/black & alum interior. Another customer at the same dealer has interlagos blue/silverstone and wood.

I wouldn't select wood as looks a bit 70's UK DIY shop "wood" but silverstone does certainly lighten up the car.

I chose a black interior (as the CSL) as it looks more sporty but that is very personal decision.

Anyway enjoy it whatever the color - fantastic car !!!:M5thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts