BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read lots of opinions about colors and choices, the polls and the reactions. I've ordered the Interlagos Blue, but I am just a little concerned about the vivid-osity (I know...not a word) of this color choice. It is such a large car for such a vivid color, but I am so bored with Black, White and Silver! Of members who own or have seen the new M5 in Interlagos Blue please express your opinion about your choice and/or the reaction of people to it. Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been lucky enough to see 2 interlargos blue 1 silverstone and my indi red.

The car looked great in all the colours, but I understand the concern with the blue as in some lighting conditions the underlying hues come through vividly.

There is a M3 CS in interlagos blue at the dealership at the moment, parked near another blue 3 series and I must admit that in normal lighting it is very hard to tell the colours appart at first glance. But if you move and the cars are hit with sunlight from the windows the interlagos realy stands out.

I guess if you live in a sunny area you will notice it all year round, whilst here it would only show 1-2 months a year.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree man,

Look I live in southern california too and see SO MANY black and silver 3 and 5 series cars. Yes the color can be a little vibrant in some light but c'mon man you want to look like a westside soccer mom?

For those of you who don't know in LA, west of the 405 freeway, half the cars are BMWs. I'd say half again are silver and the rest are black with some other colors tossed in in tiny percentages - like the pepper to the soup.

I'm going Interlagos too and can't wait. That is a special color and the car will look stunning. I've seen the 3 in interlagos blue and it looks very cool.

Celsius :typing:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I feel that Interlagos suits the 3 much better than the 5. Somehow the 5 looks very odd in that colour - just too loud and 'flat' (no depth to it). That's just my opinion and I'm sure many of you will love it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The interlagos blue looks very deep and dark in normal overcast UK light. When there is a blue sky it looks brighter and more stunning. It is not too flash, and if anything is a very sincere and sophisticated colour. It looks far more stunning than anything else I have seen.

Ashok Arora said:
I feel that Interlagos suits the 3 much better than the 5. Somehow the 5 looks very odd in that colour - just too loud and 'flat' (no depth to it). That's just my opinion and I'm sure many of you will love it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
I've read lots of opinions about colors and choices, the polls and the reactions. I've ordered the Interlagos Blue, but I am just a little concerned about the vivid-osity (I know...not a word) of this color choice. It is such a large car for such a vivid color, but I am so bored with Black, White and Silver! Of members who own or have seen the new M5 in Interlagos Blue please express your opinion about your choice and/or the reaction of people to it. Thanks.
My two pence worth - I can't stand interlagos - it just looks purple here on on average day in the UK. I think purple might work on a small sportscar but not on a car the size of a 5. My dealer demo was interlagos and the only person on the sales team who liked it was the sales manager who ordered it :rolleyes: Equally those people I know who went into the dealership to look at it did not like it either. I went for black - which I know is not wildly exciting - but it does look **** good :biggrin:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
AbruzziBoy,

When you see an Interlagos car next to a LeMans or Avus car you will notice what Ashok means with 'flat' (no depth to it).

To me the Interlagos looks like a very plain metallic colour. I rather like the purplish tone, but would prefer it in a more perlescent version.

David

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I sticking with my Interlagos Blue choice. Worst Case Scenario...I'll do a repaint myself at a good local paint shop.

Celsius, Maybe we'll run into each other on PCH sometime!!!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I sticking with my Interlagos Blue choice. Worst Case Scenario...I'll do a repaint myself at a good local paint shop.
You can't really mean that? :confused2

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
You can't really mean that? :confused2
You go abrizziboy! It's your car. I like your style. This board is way too conservative. Paint the hell out of it. Paint it camoflauge with brass trim if you want!

I've built three custom cars from scratch - custom touches all over it - from the paint to the frame, to the motor. I've put 1949 cad motors in 1932 fords. I've built custom transmission adaptors to run manual transmissions on motors that never had a manual option from the factory. Hell, I'm using a new "chrome" paint on my next project.

My point? There are no rules. It's YOUR car and you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. When you're 80 are you going to miss the added depriciation of having a repainted car? No. You'll be looking at a picture of the awesome custom pearl paint you put on a Bad-*** ride you once owned.

If it's good for DeVon George (lakers) it's good for me.

All IMHO.

Celsius :typing:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I was on the fence before I got mine. Now that i have it, I'd chose no other color.
I constantly receive compliments on it. I get compliments on the color from people who just like the color, but have no idea that it's a BMW much more an M5. They just like the color.

·
Registered
50 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
I think the color looks great on the M5.

The only thing that would concern me would be resale, but then that's so far down the line who cares, right?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I too get lots of compliments on the color from those that don't even know what it is.

And the color changes in different lighting. 2-4-1 paint job.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
A friend of mine took delivery of his IB Beast about 2 weeks ago. I was stunned at the color!! :biggrinbounce: I loved it!! lovelove Imola has always been my favorite, and he happens to have an e39 M5 in Imola.. I'll post pic's of the 2 cars together hopefully in the next week or so when we get a chance to take them... In short, I love the Saph Black, Silverstone & esp the Moonstone; anyhow, I love the IB a whole lot, almost like when I first saw Estoril Blue on an e36 M3... Get the Beast in IB for sure...I doubt you will regret it!!! :imnotworthy:

·
Registered
104 Posts
i love it and was my first choice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just saw one in the showroom and under the bright lights it had a VERY purple-ish hue. This would be the perfect color if you were Prince. It's too much on the big 5. I think it's more suited to the M3.

james

·
Registered
71 Posts
R68 said:
I just saw one in the showroom and under the bright lights it had a VERY purple-ish hue. This would be the perfect color if you were Prince. It's too much on the big 5. I think it's more suited to the M3.

james

I respectfully disagree.....When I first pulled up to see my friends IB beast, it was outside in the pouring rain :crying2: ..... it looked blue to me (& stunning I might add)....after we finished getting the Imola e39 ready for a perspective buyer, we brought the IB beast into an airplane hanger, with all flourescent light (was very, very bright inside), and it looked very different than outside, but still looked blue to me.. I personally never detected or felt the car looked purple in either lighting... I have 20/20 vision, but maybe I need to have my eyes checked out again....:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love it

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Intergalactic :3: blue and I love it. It is a mature blue, nothing to flashey, yet it is just exotic enough to let others know that "Hey that might not be a normal 5 series"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts