BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
If the cost turns you off consider buying a stock wood trim (can be found for ~$120 on ebay) from any E39, take it to a local paint shop and have them spray it with a color of your choice. What color is your interior? The piano black compliments the caramel/black interior beautifully, but with an all-black interior something like a titanium gray would look good imo.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the cost turns you off consider buying a stock wood trim (can be found for ~$120 on ebay) from any E39, take it to a local paint shop and have them spray it with a color of your choice. What color is your interior? The piano black compliments the caramel/black interior beautifully, but with an all-black interior something like a titanium gray would look good imo.
My interior trim is color matched to to my anthracite exterior. I love the way it looks and I get compliments all the time. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I got the car the brushed aluminium trim on the drivers door was slightly worn where the driver had been resting his arm against it.

So with some chromosol metal polish, cardboard, polishing cloths and some elbow grease have started to polish up the interior trim to a chrome look.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
How about carbon fiber vinyl wrapping? I;ve seen ads for services to re-wrap but at $400 i question if i could just try it myself cheaper

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
When I got the car the brushed aluminium trim on the drivers door was slightly worn where the driver had been resting his arm against it.

So with some chromosol metal polish, cardboard, polishing cloths and some elbow grease have started to polish up the interior trim to a chrome look.
Sorry, not a fan of the chrome. I hope you do not get blinded by the reflection of the sun from those trim panels at the most inopportune time and crash.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Some of the new 3M Dinoc wraps look very good imho, and I would be interested in either DIY or paying someone a reasonable amount to complete for me. For the $400 i've seen quoted for the job locally however, I'd rather buy new trim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.