BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get the brushed aluminum interior trim on an 2000 m5? im looking for the drivers door and the astray cover and possible the shifter bezel.

any help would be much appreceated

thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would try eBay (www.ebaymotors.com) and use their search function (if you haven't already). I''ve seen a few there recently. I would also go to www.realoem.com and look up the cost of the part first. That way, you kind of have a base as to what the part costs new and what people are asking for the used part. I have actually at times bought a new part because it was cheaper new than what some were asking for the same part used. Go figure. Happy hunting.

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
I would try eBay (www.ebaymotors.com) and use their search function (if you haven't already). I''ve seen a few there recently. I would also go to www.realoem.com and look up the cost of the part first. That way, you kind of have a base as to what the part costs new and what people are asking for the used part. I have actually at times bought a new part because it was cheaper new than what some were asking for the same part used. Go figure. Happy hunting.

+1 Sometimes a new part will not "fit" in the car visually. The rest of the stuff has either a patina or minor imperfections the new one won't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well anything is better then what i have now, i bought the car and the drivers door lookes like it wore off and someone spray painted it and the ashtray cover looks like someone sanded it. i checked the oem pars and they dont even list them. this sould be fun

·
Registered
333 Posts
This is what I found at RealOem.com; after entering your car info(or typing in last 7 digits of your VIN), go to MAIN GROUP #51, Vehicle Trim. Then in the SUB GROUP box, scroll down to 51 45, COVERING INNER. Then click on the drawing that says FINISHERS/STRIPS TITAN LINE or FINISHERS/STRIPS SATIN FINISH CHROM.PLTD. The piece I think you are looking for would be #5 and lists for $64.00 (part # 51412694091) for the "Titan Line" (titanium look?) and $58.50 (part # 51412695577) for the "MattChrom" (matte chrome look?) left side front door trim. The piece for the ash tray is included as one big piece that covers the center console. That piece is expensive though; it's called the "Center Console Insert" (#8) and is listed at $323.95 for the "Titan Line" (# 51162694080) or, for the MattChrom, $273.95 (# 51162695566). I hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
333 Posts
well anything is better then what i have now, i bought the car and the drivers door lookes like it wore off and someone spray painted it and the ashtray cover looks like someone sanded it. i checked the oem pars and they dont even list them. this sould be fun
I would also check www.roveractive.biz. They're pricey but you can order individual pieces or the entire trim set. They should have pics of both trim sets that I mentioned in my previous post(and other trim options as well).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wrapping the Interior FTW.... I did the center console... ill try and get pics.. only thing is those clips on the bottom are soo cheap break easily

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pics would be awesome. I'm just about to do mine with some brushed aluminium 3M Di-Noc.

Vin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome! thanks very much for all your help! i think im just going to buy new ones insted of trying to pice something together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts