BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aluminum trim on my interior which i love and looks great. A few days ago i had a window problem where my window came of the motor (because of the freeziing weather) when i tried t budget with my hand.. after the fix the person that did it for me scratched my aluminum trim and the clear coat started to peal:grrrrr: and it will soon look very ugly

Now im not sure exactly what to do but i was considering taking all my trim of and covering it with carbon fiber... carbon fiber tape not the real thing.. Anyone ever did something like this or has any advice... Or maybe i can spray it all a different color

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, get some spray PlastiDip. Take off the trim, and spray it. If later you don't like it or if it gets a scratch, you can change/fix it. You can get this stuff anywhere, it comes in many colors (I like black), and it's rubber, so you can peel it off if you want (not easily, but you can) :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, get some spray PlastiDip. Take off the trim, and spray it. If later you don't like it or if it gets a scratch, you can change/fix it. You can get this stuff anywhere, it comes in many colors (I like black), and it's rubber, so you can peel it off if you want (not easily, but you can) :)

you have a link?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Another option would be to clean the trims from the titan coat and polish the metal to chrome look.

snogard from this board (who also made an extreme shortshift) did it in his black/black beast and it looks awsome!

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea that doesnt look bad, but i would rather go with a dule coor.. something not really shiney or to catch the eye like the chrome does.

I have black and blue interior but i woudlnt go with the blue trim that would look way too tacky. You dont think wrapping it with CF Vinyl would look good?

·
Registered
784 Posts
yea that doesnt look bad, but i would rather go with a dule coor.. something not really shiney or to catch the eye like the chrome does.

I have black and blue interior but i woudlnt go with the blue trim that would look way too tacky. You dont think wrapping it with CF Vinyl would look good?
CF trims would look nice (and expensive).

Maybe it brings less contrast to the interior - otherwise you have the contrast with the blue-black interior.

Main: the combination has to come up with your personally taste because you sit in the car and you pay for the new trim optic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts