BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2005 5-series interior has just been upgraded with a added piece of wood because to many people thought the past year's model looked too cheap. so i was wondering if this will be incorperated into the M5 , because from all the interior shots that have been tooken so far it doesnt have that extra piece...Any one know about this.?:confused2

in case you dont know what im talking about d/l the pdf brochure in the middle left side....http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/545iSedan

And for reference here is the older model interior shot from.

~Alpha~

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Use Individual, your imagination is your limit. Not surprisingly, even the 6 series interior I think looks cheap, and I will just have to dress it up. Can you post a picture please?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it would suck for people who get the first year version with-out that add in. then the people who will eventually further editions will be upgraded with the new piece of material..i know i would get upset especially spending that much money...
~Alpha~

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
vndkshn said:
I guess I agree, since I don't see any difference... perhaps it is the angle of the pic...
Ummm it was hard to miss... here I've helped :D

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
well, the cheapness comes from that empty space that lurks in the 3 series... was it left because the owner didnt option something in it... or was it just to collect dust? the wood piece is more appropriate to begin with. if you need storage space there should be plenty that are less noticeable.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I really find it odd that many think that a piece of woody-looking plastic adds the feel of luxury to this car. I think it merely adds clutter to otherwise nice and clean lines.

The sport interior is more consistent with the interior design of the E60. The busy textures of the "luxury" interior detract from its flowing and elegant lines.

Tom

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
M! said:
was it left because the owner didnt option something in it...
It (the wood piece) was left from pre 05's because it wasnt available period... this new wood piece is only introduced for MY05 to my knowledge...

·
Registered
16 Posts
bernhtp said:
I really find it odd that many think that a piece of woody-looking plastic adds the feel of luxury to this car.
Other way around - plastic looking wood. So much smooth clear finish gives it that fake, plastic-like look.

·
Registered
714 Posts
EBMCS03 said:
It (the wood piece) was left from pre 05's because it wasnt available period... this new wood piece is only introduced for MY05 to my knowledge...
that was not a question. it was a rant. zzzzz

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts