BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a great sterling grey CPO 02-I did not and could not get the original sticker--so I don't know exactly what options car had originally--it has the seats with the "pebble" look on the seat bottom and seat back rather than the vertical "pleats" I have seen-has wood light redwood "look" dash trim--window shades side and rear--with the 10 inch subwoofers---thick steering wheel and angels etc-- and the rest of normal M5 standard features ---:flag: ---exactly what type of interior might I have---I have heard of the "extended" or "luxory"--I don't have the silver or titanium dash trim for the sport version--my seats are "one-tone" black--

Any input would be greatly appreciated--I am trying to resurrect what my "sticker" might have said on the interior option/ standard features issue.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
From your description you have the sport interior (window shades were not available with luxury interior) but with bruyere wood trim (yes, they made those; have that combo on my car). This interior came with various inserts for the seats including black (other insert colors were grey, imola red or lemans blue, some combos not available depending on exterior color). The subwoofers indicate M Audio system. Congrats and enjoy! :cheers:

·
Registered
156 Posts
MarinM5,
The "pebble look" is the luxury interior. I can't tell from your description what the difference in the wood trim is, but the "standard" for trim with the luxury interior is the Bruyere Club wood, which has a more knarly look than the Burr Walnut. From the size of the speakers, it also sounds like you have the M-audio option.

Other than that, there were pretty few "additional" options that could have been ordered on the 02's. The only one that comes to mind is the fold-down seat and ski bag, and the park distance control. I can't remember if the 02's had the electric rear window sunshades.

Cheers! cherrsagai :M5launch:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

My interior wood trim--is not knarly--it is using a wood reference--clear redwood look--

I have electric rear shade and ski fold down seat--but no park distance control--

Does that still sound like luxory interior versus sport?
thanks for your help

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Definitely All Black Sport interior.

The Luxury was NOT available with sun shades...

It sounds identical to my interior: black sport interior (pebble finish) but with wood trim and sun shades

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The "pebble look" is the luxury interior.
You've got it mixed up, the pebble look is the sport interiour, and the vertical stiching in the inserts is the luxury interiour.

Travis

·
Registered
42 Posts
A GREAT Resource is BMWNA. When I look at PO BMWs, I either call or email them with the VIN # and they can provide original sticker price, options and the price of options of any BMW.
Heres an email they sent to me/ Contact info:

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: <>
Sent:
Subject: RE: Other [1-240261140]

> Dear Mr. Harper,
>
> Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding our vehicles. We are so pleased to hear that you are considering purchase of yet another BMW vehicle. For Vehicle Indentification Number WBADN63471GM73XXX, our systems show that is a 2001 BMW 540i. The vehicle was originally retailed through DiFeo BMW in New Jersey with a warranty start date, or in-service date, of 11/30/2001.
>
> The vehicle's original MSRP was 57,645.00. I show the vehicle was built at the factory equipped with:
>
> 0270 SPORT PACKAGE
> 0971 5 SERIES MATS
> 0609 Navigation System
>
> I hope this information is helpful. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the BMW brand. If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

MarinM5 said:
Just purchased a great sterling grey CPO 02-I did not and could not get the original sticker--so I don't know exactly what options car had originally--it has the seats with the "pebble" look on the seat bottom and seat back rather than the vertical "pleats" I have seen-has wood light redwood "look" dash trim--window shades side and rear--with the 10 inch subwoofers---thick steering wheel and angels etc-- and the rest of normal M5 standard features ---:flag: ---exactly what type of interior might I have---I have heard of the "extended" or "luxory"--I don't have the silver or titanium dash trim for the sport version--my seats are "one-tone" black--

Any input would be greatly appreciated--I am trying to resurrect what my "sticker" might have said on the interior option/ standard features issue.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Good news MarinM5! Congrats!

The interior you describe sounds like mine:

Interior

It's the Sport Interior. The pebbly surface, which some call "Fauxstritch" can be black, or red, silver, blue, etc. It's the same materials on the doors, too.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
M5Kid said:
You've got it mixed up, the pebble look is the sport interiour, and the vertical stiching in the inserts is the luxury interiour.

Travis
Yes, the vertical stiching is on the luxury packagekinggf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts