BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I'm considering the purchase of an E39 M5 with a pretty rough caramel interior. It appears the previous owner knew nothing about protecting a leather interior. The entire surface of all the seats looks extremely dry and is beginning to crack. I'm considering the purchase of this vehicle, but would like to find a reputable shop in the Orlando (Central) Florida area. One that might be able to replace/repair the interior.

Also, anyone have a reputable indy shop for mechanical issues?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Caramel is a rough color to keep nice. You might have better luck purchasing good condition used seats.

Leatherique is a product you could look into, but without seeing Pics, it would be hard to tell. These are leather, but is highly processed.

good luck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Next option would be to restore it yourself. Will take alot of time but materials are inexpensive and you can have show quality results.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cross my fingers for your getting it sorted to your standards. I just dropped off my M5 seats and touring seats to start that transition. Needless to say, I felt uneasy about leaving them. I need to learn leather working...yeah, that probably won't happen. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts