BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought posting all pics I had from the Paris Auto Salon could help in makinng decisions on the interiours. Here is the Paris Report and here is the Stockholm Open Report and here is the Geneva Report from the "Concept M5".

The colours are:

For the Sepang Bronze M5 it is Individual Ecru and for the Silverstone M5 it was Silverstone Interiour.

More information on the leather, alot of thanks to member Ashok Arora:

Leather Merino is simply extended leather, which is standard in most markets (except USA).

Full leather (just like on the E39) includes extra leather on the door map pockets, centre console, glove box lid, dashboard; this option also includes the alcantara headlining.

LK.. for extended leather
X3.. for full leather
X4.. for full perforated leather

So, for example, if you want extended Black leather, the code is LKSW or if you want full Indianapolis Red leather the code is X3A7.

Perforated leather is for the ventilated seats which is only available in Full Leather. Comfort seats are NOT available for the M5.

Below the German Individual options for the interiour:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1677

·
Registered
369 Posts
wow, looks good. i really like the leather dashbord. read somewhere, that it is 1.8mm thick. can anybody confirm that?

and do we have any real-world pictures of onyx blue and black piano finish interior?

btw, the steering wheel is really thick...

·
Registered
703 Posts
very good pictures Gustav, thank you for that!

seats are nice, so is the headliner and doors, but I am not in love with the entire dash, something is not right about it

Robert

·
Registered
559 Posts
Didn't notice any silly cupholders in those wonderful pics. You just know that the marketing types in North America will stick them in as "standard equipment" for the latte-sipping morning commuters. Give me a break! cherrsagai

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
559 Posts
bernhtp said:
I will likely be one of those Latte-sipping owners and want the stupid cupholders.

Tom
Tom: The point is that they should be optional - those who want them should be able to order them at no extra cost. But the rest of us are forced to have them. Why?

And another thing...why do North American models still have ashtrays and cigarette lighters as standard equipment? In Europe you can order a non-smoker's package. Here you can't (or not as easily). Why not? Do people still smoke in their cars?:3:

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Spiroman said:
Didn't notice any silly cupholders in those wonderful pics. You just know that the marketing types in North America will stick them in as "standard equipment" for the latte-sipping morning commuters. Give me a break! cherrsagai

Best regards,

Spiroman
You need to look closer :haha:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Gustav am intrested in the silverstone combination.. the seats with the stiches and the black back insert. how do i get these? exactly the same one on the pics above

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I beleive standard seats is black rear panels. The Sepang Bronze is Full-leather in Individual Ecru with active M seats as well as ventilated seats. I suppose the backrests is also white Ecru leather on the Sepang Bronze M5. The light is just for the show for better illumination.

Perfectly designed seats are a prerequisite for sports motoring.
Sports-minded drivers in particular can order the optional M multifunction seat featuring active backrest width adjustment. The foam part geometry for this seat has also been reconceived for optimum comfort and perfect side support: both backrest width and side support adjust independently in each driving situation, the automatic adjustment being effected, inter alia, according to lateral acceleration and steering angle. The customer decides at the press of a button or by MDrive which of the three modes – comfort, normal or sport – is to be activated. Also included in the optional equipment are the active headrest, memory function, seat heating and electrically-operated lumbar support. The active headrest protects the cervical spine above all in the event of a bumper-to-bumper collision. Active seat ventilation is also available as an optional extra.
Room for five persons and a great deal of luggage space. At the rear two passengers are offered a centre armrest with storage compartment and cupholder. If needed, it functions as a backrest for the middle seat, which provides seating for a third passenger

So these must be the Active seats:

and these the standard M5 seats:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spiroman said:

Best regards,

Spiroman
I would also like them, I have my water bottle lying on my seat in the M3 :(, driving these cars is thisrty work ;) cherrsagai

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spiroman said:
Tom: The point is that they should be optional - those who want them should be able to order them at no extra cost. But the rest of us are forced to have them. Why?

And another thing...why do North American models still have ashtrays and cigarette lighters as standard equipment? In Europe you can order a non-smoker's package. Here you can't (or not as easily). Why not? Do people still smoke in their cars?:3:

Best regards,
I would agree with the non-smokers package, I am a smoker and NEVER use the ashtray, nothing worse than getting in a stinking car.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts