BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior fan/blower on my 2006 M5 always starts in the on position when the I start the car. Can the default setting be st to the "off" position when the car start? is this something I can program myself (I am not much of a car mechanic) or do I need to go to the dealer?
thanks

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
this feature (if you call it that) happens to all of us. the system tries to remember the last setting you were using and resumes at the next start up. i've tried turning off my fan before i turn off my car and it still doesn't work. there are a few previous threads talking about this and it seems to be across the board. i wish there was a permanent OFF mode too..

·
Registered
127 Posts
I hear ya. its annoying!! I rarely use my AC. I always have my windows down

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok -I posted the original questions. Im going to call the local dealer and describe the problem. I'll keep you posted as to what they say.
thanks

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This can be programmmed with an Auto Logic. There is an option in the menus to save the last settings of the air con. If this is checked, the car will always start in the last settings of the air con. Only takes a couple of minutes to do this.

The dealer should also be able to enable this feature.
Hmm did not know this... thanks i will try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts