BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Long time lurker here needing a bit of help. I'm thinking of renovating my seats but I'm uncertain of the colour of the seats.

According to the build sheet the car was ordered with cloth silber (0315) interior, but along the way someone has changed the seats to leather ones.

I'm not sure whether the seats are silber or silbergrau since they are not the same shade as the center console and other stuff. Authorative opinions please? :)

Here are few pics of the seats, which at least on my screen seem quite accurate:

·
10,458 Posts
they look like the 'silbergrau' to me, code 227 for a US spec car i believe. Again, on a US spec car, that would be pre 9/90 build.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Definitely Silbergrau 277 as Mike says. Silbergrau Hell is much lighter.

I recently had my interior restored and the new paint was matched to a small piece of leather from under the rear seat so the colour was perfect.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The outer parts of the door cards are they the exact same colour as the seats? The inserts in the door cards are clearly silbergrau hell. Seats could be silbergrau (only available on normal E34s) or silber if they came from an early car (pre 9/90) and not together with the door cards.
If you check the rear seat you should be able to find some note or number on the back side. I have a silber left rear seat here, we could compare those numbers.

My guess right now is that you have silber seats (from another M5 that was pre 9/90) and silbergrau/silbergrau hell door cards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The outer parts of the door cards do not match the seats, the last pic shows the difference somewhat pronouncedly. The seats are definitely from a M5 since the backseat is a two-seater.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Then 0319 silber is the code to use here (Euro M5 spec pre 9/90). Unfortunately BMW doesn't sell the seat covers anymore but you should be able to just dye them in the correct colour. But they do look quite alright at this moment as well, I think. Not much wear?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts