BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I speced my M5 deciding on a black saphire exterior,red interior ,and aluminum trim.The dealer was pretty certain that the carpet color would be black and not red.Does anyone know for certain if this is true?I told him if the carpet is red then I am changing my interior selection to black.I decided on the full leather with multifunction seats.I could not get the ventilated seats since this is unavailable in red.I would appreciate any feedback regarding people's experience with ventilation seats,whether they are worth it,whether they would make a difference in Ohio,etc.If absolutely worth it I could always change my interior selection to perforated black.I would really appreciate any feedback ASAP!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Only two comments, no real answers. You're ordering the same colors that I'm considering, and if you order black seats, you'll need the ventilation!

If the carpets are black, as I've seen in photos of silverstone, then I'll just get a set of dark red mats with an M insignia put on. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Good luck with your decisions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
rob1 said:
Today I speced my M5 deciding on a black saphire exterior,red interior ,and aluminum trim.The dealer was pretty certain that the carpet color would be black and not red.Does anyone know for certain if this is true?I told him if the carpet is red then I am changing my interior selection to black.I decided on the full leather with multifunction seats.I could not get the ventilated seats since this is unavailable in red.I would appreciate any feedback regarding people's experience with ventilation seats,whether they are worth it,whether they would make a difference in Ohio,etc.If absolutely worth it I could always change my interior selection to perforated black.I would really appreciate any feedback ASAP!
Your dealer just have to specify that you want black carpets with your red seats. That's it. You should also be able to get ventilated seats with the M multi seats and full leather. I have it in my car and its great!:viking:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
ranumm5 said:
Your dealer just have to specify that you want black carpets with your red seats. That's it. You should also be able to get ventilated seats with the M multi seats and full leather. I have it in my car and its great!:viking:
Red leather interior is not available with ventilation -- Only Black, Silverstone, and Sepang Bronze. I have not seen any other carpet color but black on an M5, and I think I have seen photographs of every interior color.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Instead of ventilated seats, why not spend the money on some high quality sheepskin covers in the colour of your choice (e.g black) - these will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter and do it better than those seats.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Digi said:
Red leather interior is not available with ventilation -- Only Black, Silverstone, and Sepang Bronze. I have not seen any other carpet color but black on an M5, and I think I have seen photographs of every interior color.
If you go to www.luxurymotors.com there is a 2004 645 in their inventory which has red seats,red carpet ,and a black exterior.I know that this is a different model BMW however I wondered whether the color schemes would be consistent on all BMW models.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ashok -

Are you serious? I am set on the ventilated seats since it is freakin' hot where I live and my back is seriously sweaty from the e39. I was hoping to get some relief from the ventilated seat option, but if all I have to do is get sheepskins, I will save A LOT OF MONEY by keeping my e39 and not getting the e60. Even if I get the e60 - are you saying the ventilated seats are no better than buying sheepskin? If that's the case, find me a shepherd!!

Ashok Arora said:
Instead of ventilated seats, why not spend the money on some high quality sheepskin covers in the colour of your choice (e.g black) - these will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter and do it better than those seats.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Digi said:
Are you certain of this? I haven't heard of any restriction on the color combination and the availability of ventilation.

'Rocket

·
Registered
992 Posts
For the US market, for now, this is correct, there are only 3 interior options with the ventilated seats.

BostonRocket said:
Are you certain of this? I haven't heard of any restriction on the color combination and the availability of ventilation.

'Rocket

·
Registered
247 Posts
SCORPIO said:
For the US market, for now, this is correct, there are only 3 interior options with the ventilated seats.
Rob, I would try to get your dealer to push your order through. When I ordered my M3 I wanted Carbon Black on Cinn leather (which was not an approved combo). The dealer had no issues getting it done, and later when I saw an M3 at the SF car show it was in the combo.

The dealer might have to push a little... but it can probably be done for you, especially if it is an option in other markets. If they are making perforated red leather for Europe you can get it on your car too.

FZ

·
Registered
44 Posts
SCORPIO said:
Ashok -

Are you serious? I am set on the ventilated seats since it is freakin' hot where I live and my back is seriously sweaty from the e39. I was hoping to get some relief from the ventilated seat option, but if all I have to do is get sheepskins, I will save A LOT OF MONEY by keeping my e39 and not getting the e60. Even if I get the e60 - are you saying the ventilated seats are no better than buying sheepskin? If that's the case, find me a shepherd!!
Scorpio, I live here in Phoenix and not to burst your bubble but the ventilated seats in our 7 aren't that great. I still sweat in them. Mercedes makes good vented seats, they suck the air through the seat where BMW blows it through the perforation. My .02. I'd still order them but not if it interfered with my color choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts