BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Geneva VGM Motors - owner of the famed Bizarinni sportcar brand - announced a new car.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Very interesting - a good spot - certainly looks like they dropped the H1 engine and ZF gearbox in wholesale...

Not a bad looking car - definite hints of the GT Strada about the nose.

Hope they succeed!

·
Registered
153 Posts
An Italian design with Alpina tchnology would be the ultimate combination. I just wish that i could afford such a car :p

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Press release by VGM Motors:
" After a five year hiatus the Bizzarrini name is set to once again reappear on the occasion of the upcoming 75th Geneva Salon.

The new owners of the historical brand, which shot to global fame in the 1960s with a series of attention-grabbing powerful sports cars, will present a new concept that is as yet firmly under wraps, although they have outlined exciting plans for this revival which include a new motorbike, remaking two of the brand's classic models, and a new 'modern' sports car.

The firmest of the sketchy details revealed so far centre around plans for a new bi-cylinder motorcycle. With an engine reportedly somewhere between 500 to 600cc, it is described by Bizzarrini as 'innovative' and destined for Supermotorad competition.

The new owners of the Bizzarrini name describe the most recent incantation of the marque as follows: "Thanks to a friendship among real estate entrepreneurs, we made the acquaintance of Mr. Mariani, owner of the Bizzarrini trademark.

"Mr. Viti and Mr. Mariani immediately got along very well and the both contributed to the creation, on 30th April 2002, of a company called VGM Motors s.r.l., located in Siziano (PV), Number 2 Via Guido Rossa," they conclude.

The new company, which took over ownership of the Bizzarrini name claims that it "aims at bringing this once well-favoured brand to its former reputation."

From new, purpose-built workshops, VGM Motors plan to begin building the famous GT Strada and P 538 models, while a 'new edition' of the former, with modern features and technology is also planned.

These ambitious plans look set the thrust the famous and still highly regarded Bizzarrini name, with all its fascinating and tortuous history, firmly back into the public eye once again.

BIZZARRINI - BRIEF HISTORY 1963 TO 1969

With a background at Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Iso (plus his first car which was a sport coupe based on a second-hand Fiat 500B in 1949), Giotto Bizzarrini was a talented and experienced engineer.

In the early 1960's he decided to design and build his own car, at Livorno. The Grifo A3, later known as the 5300 GT Strada, was released at the 1963 Turin Motorshow and borrowed heavily from Bizzarini's then most recent creation, the Iso Grifo.

Apparently, according to reports, "the show car was finished right at the last minute, its bare aluminium bodywork being shown with a distinctive glossed cork finish achieved by polishing the panels with cork mats on the end of electric drills!"

Most famous of the Bizzarrini line was the 5300 GT Strada, which was built between 1964 and 1968, while the new owners of the brand name plan to build this car once again

Source:ItalSpeed

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like it.....

1. I see it's quoted at 530bhp for presumably the same engine as the B5/7.

2. Any prices yet?

An Italian bodied supercar with a German drivetrain sounds like the perfect combination of beauty, performance and reliability.

Guy

·
Registered
147 Posts
kees said:
In Geneva VGM Motors - owner of the famed Bizarinni sportcar brand - announced a new car.

Hi Kees,

This looks like a cross between a TVR, Viper, and Ferarri Modena. But I say let's add some BMW Kidneys and make a motion for the new 840 series. We can slap a V12 in it to make it and 850, add some more power and better body molding for the 850CSI, and then just go crazy for the ALPINA version...hey you think I may have just gotton myself a VP position? kinggf

james

1 - 8 of 8 Posts