BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend went to BMW yetserday to pick up his 645i cab, which he bought for the sole purpose of trading it in on an M6.. and he did this on the advice of the dealer because the dealer gave him some "info" on the M6..

See his garage currently stands at a F360 CS, GT3 RS, (996) Turbo, SL 55, X3 and now the 645i.. and he is a VERY important cliet to BMW..

The dealer told him that the M5 would be on the roads in SA in April/May and that BMW is going to surprise EVERYONE because the M6 will be on our roads only 2/3 months after the launch of the M5!! :2: Thats why the dealer contatcted him and told him to get the 6 series to trade in on the M6 and gave him the M6 info as the reason why..

The way I see it this could be VERY reliable info because

1. He is a VVIP client to BMW.. they won't talk rubbish to him..
2. In the shots we've seeen of the M6 running around the ring, I'd say it looks pretty much complete to me..
3. The engine was already developed, and so was the software, all they had to do was slot it in..

I think the M6 is close to production.. A July luanch won't surprise me..
We will have to wait and see!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
greggb said:
My friend went to BMW yetserday to pick up his 645i cab, which he bought for the sole purpose of trading it in on an M6.. and he did this on the advice of the dealer because the dealer gave him some "info" on the M6..

See his garage currently stands at a F360 CS, GT3 RS, (996) Turbo, SL 55, X3 and now the 645i.. and he is a VERY important cliet to BMW..

The dealer told him that the M5 would be on the roads in SA in April/May and that BMW is going to surprise EVERYONE because the M6 will be on our roads only 2/3 months after the launch of the M5!! :2: Thats why the dealer contatcted him and told him to get the 6 series to trade in on the M6 and gave him the M6 info as the reason why..

The way I see it this could be VERY reliable info because

1. He is a VVIP client to BMW.. they won't talk rubbish to him..
2. In the shots we've seeen of the M6 running around the ring, I'd say it looks pretty much complete to me..
3. The engine was already developed, and so was the software, all they had to do was slot it in..

I think the M6 is close to production.. A July luanch won't surprise me..
We will have to wait and see!!
Why would the dealer advise him to buy a 645 to trade in on a M6?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greg_h said:
Why would the dealer advise him to buy a 645 to trade in on a M6?
Its just what he does.. sometimes he will buy 4 new cars in two weeks and then sell then again.. or take delivery of a new sports car then sell it to an exclusive car shop for hefty premuim..

As to why the 6 cab, I duno, havent spoken to him about it yet.. I know he said he wanted a 6 series to drive for a while and so maybe the dealer will give a good trade-in.. whatever the case about the 6 series, I think the M6 info is VERY credible..

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Best advice is to leave the 645 in the showroom and just wait patiently for the M6 to arrive. When it arrives who knows? But don't start to panic about it I'm sure there are far more important issues you can worry over.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you my bro but your friends dealer definitely shot him with blanks. I work for a BMW dealership In SA and i have got alot of confirmed orders for the E60 M5. I have already made inquiries with the BMW headoffice in Pretoria and they have told me that we arent seeing no M5's before August (if we lucky) as PRODUCTION for RHD (Right hand drive) Markets will only START in March 2005.

THat info is from BMW SA and that is for the M5 - its still gonna be a while before we even smell the scent of an M6 badged car in SA. Tell ur friend that he can contact the BMW head office on : 0711 522 3000 and ask them himself if he wants to hear it from his own ears.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yeah, I doubt this as well. When has BMW ever launched two at the same time? Even regular series cars get staggered. And if anything, BMW knows about marketing. The M6 will get shown long before it goes on sale, just to generate hype.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with M Power. While I only own a 325ti, my dad is going to trade his 645Ci in on the new E60 M5 when it arrives aug/sep next year. He is second on the Forsdicks Germiston list, and has also inquired as to when the M6 will be arriving. He is very good friends with one of the oldest and most active BMW sales execs in SA and 2005 will not see the M6 according to what we were told. Can't wait for M5 though :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
According to my info the M5 will start to arrive to the costumers in Germany in spring 04.

US spec engines are beeing prepared at present time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I dont believe the info about M5 at all. Logically thinking I dont think BMW would get anything positive about an early launch, at least when knows about it. They know that people are making plans based on the given release date (selling the old car or keeping the old one, buying other cars because they cant wait etc.).

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
"important clients" does not mean "well informed clients". actually the cash cows (ie the important clients) are told what they want to hear and when it doesnt happen "legitimate" excuses are produced.

and suggesting buying a 645 to trade in later for the m6? if your friend went for that- he might get 100 more cars in his garage, but that does not make him less gullable.

nice sales work...

a

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
markf said:
there is no reason logical or business wise that the m6 should not be close to the m5 ,we'll just have to wait and see.
It depends on what they do the 6 to make it an M car. If this were AMG, it would be easy; you put in the 55/65 engine, bigger brakes and stiffen the suspension a bit, and that's all. However, M does a lot more, and I certainly hope that they take the opportunity with the 6 to shed a bunch of weight along with the changes performed on the 5 to make it an M as the 645 is just way to porky.

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
bernhtp said:
However, M does a lot more, and I certainly hope that they take the opportunity with the 6 to shed a bunch of weight along with the changes performed on the 5 to make it an M as the 645 is just way to porky.

Tom
Actually they have already done a fair amount of weight reduction on the 645 with the aluminum hood and doors and the "plastic" (wrong technical term :)) front fenders. I can't remember the exact weight but I think the 645 is around 3700 lbs.

·
Registered
457 Posts
As for my information the fist M5s are delivered to dealers on Jan. 8th 2005 (in Germany) and the M6 is introduced at the IAA 2005 (Sep.).

If the M6 would be released 2/3 month after the M5 we would be drowning in pictures by now.

Modifications on the M6 will be larger in comparison with the M5. That’s what the BMW M director said in an old “Auto Motor und Sport” interview.

·
Registered
344 Posts
BMW Power said:
Sorry to disappoint you my bro but your friends dealer definitely shot him with blanks. I work for a BMW dealership In SA and i have got alot of confirmed orders for the E60 M5. I have already made inquiries with the BMW headoffice in Pretoria and they have told me that we arent seeing no M5's before August (if we lucky) as PRODUCTION for RHD (Right hand drive) Markets will only START in March 2005.

THat info is from BMW SA and that is for the M5 - its still gonna be a while before we even smell the scent of an M6 badged car in SA. Tell ur friend that he can contact the BMW head office on : 0711 522 3000 and ask them himself if he wants to hear it from his own ears.
well, the guy lives in South Africa, that will make a big difference in terms of delivery. For some reason, even though the US is the biggest market, things just don't arrive here the same time as rest of the world (I came from Taiwan, and Taiwan gets car about the same time as Europe, don't know why it always take that long for it to release in the US).

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
AJ said:
"important clients" does not mean "well informed clients". actually the cash cows (ie the important clients) are told what they want to hear and when it doesnt happen "legitimate" excuses are produced.

and suggesting buying a 645 to trade in later for the m6? if your friend went for that- he might get 100 more cars in his garage, but that does not make him less gullable.

nice sales work...

a
I agree with you 100 % AJ. I think we will see the M5 early 05' and the M6 at the end of 05'

·
Registered
344 Posts
clee19821013 said:
well, the guy lives in South Africa, that will make a big difference in terms of delivery. For some reason, even though the US is the biggest market, things just don't arrive here the same time as rest of the world (I came from Taiwan, and Taiwan gets car about the same time as Europe, don't know why it always take that long for it to release in the US).
hum, never mind, I see that you are also form South Africa...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts