BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
$500 non-refundable? Tell them to pound sand. That alone would keep me from doing business with them, not to mention it's overpriced.

·
Registered
431 Posts
PPI should be $125 - $150. You yourself should arrange to have the PPI done at a BMW dealer.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's a dealer car, the name of the dealer is Freeman motor company. I googled their name and have found mixed reviews. I was quoted $500 non-refundable deposit for PPI, does that sound about right?

Cars for Sale: 2008 BMW M5 in Portland, OR 97239: Sedan Details - 367243132 - AutoTrader.com
$500 for a PPI? What does that come with lap dances for life? What a freakin joke. Tell them to kiss your as* and unless they remove that $500 BS, take your business elsewhere.

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is quoting $500 for PPI?

There are two BMW dealerships in the area, Kuni and BMW Portland. I think Kuni wants 4 hours at $200 and BMW Portland wants 8 hrs at $300 for inspection. As others mentioned, and indy shop will charge $100-150. You might contact Dynasport Northwest:

Performance | DynaSport LLC | MINI and BMW Service, Repair and Performance | Portland, Oregon
The sales guy is quoting me for $500 non-refundable IF the car checks out fine, if I'm not happy with the results I get the money back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Move on... Keep looking... be patient and continue to ask questions. The right German supermodel will come! I'm out on a $500 non-refundable PPI period!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Negotiate the price of the car first in writing before handing over any money or ordering the PPI. I think you can get them down $3k in price which allows them to still make a decent profit. The car looks very nice and the mileage is low enough that an extended warranty shouldn't break the bank (if you know where to shop....start with your local credit union). Make sure the $500 cost of the PPI is included in the final sale price and that it is fully refundable if issues come up that the dealership will not address. The $500 sounds more like a cost to hold the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I paid $125 at my local BMW dealer, four years ago, not at an indie.
I paid $150 two weeks ago for a PPI at the dealership.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Negotiate the price of the car first in writing before handing over any money or ordering the PPI. I think you can get them down $3k in price which allows them to still make a decent profit. The car looks very nice and the mileage is low enough that an extended warranty shouldn't break the bank (if you know where to shop....start with your local credit union). Make sure the $500 cost of the PPI is included in the final sale price and that it is fully refundable if issues come up that the dealership will not address. The $500 sounds more like a cost to hold the car.
You are correct,sales guy just confirmed. Basically the car is being sold to me. Just need to negotiate on the final price of the car now...

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's a dealer car, the name of the dealer is Freeman motor company. I googled their name and have found mixed reviews. I was quoted $500 non-refundable deposit for PPI, does that sound about right?

Cars for Sale: 2008 BMW M5 in Portland, OR 97239: Sedan Details - 367243132 - AutoTrader.com
Hello there. The non-refundable PPI is an issue, but here is something else to consider...this particular M5 does not appear to have the heads-up display (HUD). From running a VIN decoder, the car is heavily optioned, but I really enjoy my HUD, and I wasn't sure if a HUD was one of your must-have options.

Here is the link to a VIN decoder: BMW Baureihenarchiv - BMW Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) | bmwarchiv.de Just copy and paste the last seven digits of this vehicle's VIN (CX09375) into the decoder, and you will see all of the major options installed on the vehicle. I noticed that this M5 has the BMW individual audio system (the best available), along with the heated and ventilated front seats. These were options that I was looking for when I purchased my M5 (along with the HUD of course).

Take care, and happy shopping! :checkeredflag:

Best,

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had some free time today so I stopped in and looked the car over. The showroom is a nice, indoor facility with a majority of Eurpean vehicles on display. Absolutely no one came up to help me and I was able to look the car over without being verbally molested.....or could be that I brought my 3yo son with me and that kept them away.

Anyway, the car was unlocked and I could look it over quite a bit. As mentioned earlier there is NO HUD. Aesthetically, everything looked in great condition. There was some curb, scrape damage on the lower front spoiler. I didn't see any outstanding issues with the tires, brakes, or anything under the vehicle (no leaks or damage observed). All seat motors are still in working order. The car was backed against a wall and I could look that part over too well.

I'm not a huge fan of the exterior/interior color combination, but I think the car looks 1000 times better in person than in the photos. The silverstone interior looks to be in great shape.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Freeman is easy to do business with for purchasing, no BS. But do not use their shop for anything. My brother bought a RS6 there, they claimed to have replaced the torque converter, Freeman paperwork showed they even got money back from the auction because it needed done. They basically cleared the CEL and called it good because it took 50 miles or so to come back on.
My brother confronted them with the evidence that the tranny had never been out, they said they would replace it for free, then later even made the concession to allow it to be done at their cost at my friend's shop locally.
So a little sketchy in the repair shop area, but the salespeople were perfectly decent, allowing the work to be done at an independent shop even though they have one on site was pretty nice of them.

That M5 looks great, though, nice options and individual audio too. Priced a little high but good luck finding one that looks like that anywhere for a better price; you pay for the individual treatment. Still less than I paid for mine 6 years ago and mine is the most common combo in existence.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Also, their shop already did a PPI. They are not going to put a car on the floor without looking it over, even if they are going to ignore some items. Their shop doing another PPI is useless, they either corrected anything wrong or covered it up. Get a PPI elsewhere, if you feel it is needed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
wow 500$ for PPI ??
I was quoted $200 from BMW for my M5. Anyways, dont get the ppi done at the dealership thats selling the car itself, request to take it to BMW.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts