BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
For future readers, there is no need to buy used or reman'd units - we make a full actuator from 100% new parts all sourced in the USA, assembled in the USA, with some material upgrades over the OEM unit: https://www.angryasssolutions.com/parts/intake-actuator

We've sold near a dozen units, one to a BMW master technician at a US BMW dealer.

For the vacuum side, I'd hardly recommend a cheap auto parts store refurbishment - there is more to it than lines. We have you covered there too, with optional upgraded materials like modern braided vacuum line, and stainless steel fittings instead of BMW plastic: https://www.angryasssolutions.com/parts/s38-intake-system-vacuum-maintenance-kit

Gary, you are concerned that the valve inside the plenum is not actuating? This is based on the fact that the actuator only cycles once instead of twice?
From everything I have read the flap should actuate twice on startup, mine actuates once (which is one more that before I replaced the vacuum lines). maybe this is a quirk of an early E34? Mine is a German spec 1989, but most of what I have read covers the years the car was available in the US 91-94, maybe the German version is slightly different?. All that said when I do the throttle Blip test I don't see any motion from the actuator.

Thanks for the web links you have some interesting products.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys, I got around to testing things today, the flap does not actuate when blip the throttle (full open). I will have to replace the valve. Does anyone per chance have a part number? are these things still available?

Thanks, Gary
Folks just a quick update, after additional testing (Thanks Dave) my Flap is flapping when it should and there is a positive difference in the response of the car. I will note that my 89 does only cycle once on startup. I have no reference for this but that is what it does and now when I blip the throttle it does actuate.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts