BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

M5, M5, M5.. :haha2:

We had a chat with the insurance company, and they demanded $7300 a year as insurance for the M5 here in Denmark. :grrrr:

I have nothing to compare to tho, but, paying $7300 a year when you already paid $300000 for the car itself is not very nice.

So, my dad and I was thinking of installing a Lost Vehicle Tracking System to lower that price a bit. We have no experience with such systems at all, so we would like to hear if there are any systems you can recommend and stuff like that. :)

Thanks for your time

Morten and Gustav

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Here in the UK most M5 drivers fit tracking devices. They are a very good idea IMHO. Most insurance companies will reduce the amount you pay if you have one fitted but only by about 5%. There are a number of other more important factors when it comes to insurace e.g. who is driving, where you live etc.

Since you are in Denmark, may I suggest the following:

http://www.dantrack.com/

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have had a vehicle tracking system in my E39 M5 and will have it in my new car as well. Insurance insists on having one for cars above a certain value

Works well, it is basically a GPS systems linked to a GSM phone hidden somewhere in the car.
Some systems even offer that you can turn off the car remotely but that is not common practice as it has to be wired into the car electronics. BMW will then no longer give full warranty.

I paid for the basic version about €1500.00 and an annual fee of around €150

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts