BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car insurance renewal time again:sad1: . Liverpool Victoria have served me well for last two years but I've managed to knock off nearly £200 from their quote with one from Elephant.co.uk. Anyone got any other suggestions (only insurers which dont require a tracker)

Quotes so far (fully comp business class 1 inner london on road parking):

LV £1052
elephant £856

Frank

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sorry, but I would have suggested LV as mine reduced by £300 (now £760-ish) at renewal this year so didn't bother trying anywhere else.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When the time comes round I always spend some time fishing.
Nowich Union Direct could not be beaten lat time out.

Over 40, Rural Scotland, garaged, Full protected NCD, Obligatory Speeding tickets, Woman as driver etc. under £500 ish.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I thought my £760 was reasonable considering it includes business use, unlimited mileage and is parked on the road in Liverpool.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
£760 does seem good in those circumstances.

LV, mine pulls £440 plus £60 or thereabouts for paying monthly, offroad garaged in Bournemouth with the mother of all alarms* they made me get.

This year it magically changed to unlimited mileage and euro cover, didn't ask for that, they don't mind the cosmetic changes I've made. Value has always been set at 4k.

Seems odd that every time I complete a year without a claim, for the third year running, the extra no-claims discount exactly matches the inflationary increase.... hmmm

Ivan.

*If you're thinking of nicking it, please note that it has two alarms, three Trackers, the doors welded shut, wheels in a safe at night, it's chained to the wall where my dragon used to be, I breed Rottweilers for a living, the garage door is wired to the mains and I have a shotgun licence.**

**If you're thinking of nicking the Shotgun, please note I don't really have one but can get very angry indeed and I've got Ong-Bak on DVD and watched it loads.

·
Registered
246 Posts
jonsmiff said:
mines 246 quid,carole nash,:cheers:
Shurely shome mishtake.

Is that for 1000 miles of summer outings and then kept in a heated vault for 10 months.
I've got a 1400 clio that is close to that for a years fully comp. with full NCD
cherrsagai

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
*If you're thinking of nicking it, please note that it has two alarms, three Trackers, the doors welded shut, wheels in a safe at night, it's chained to the wall where my dragon used to be, I breed Rottweilers for a living, the garage door is wired to the mains and I have a shotgun licence.**

**If you're thinking of nicking the Shotgun, please note I don't really have one but can get very angry indeed and I've got Ong-Bak on DVD and watched it loads.

Ivan
Scary...
VERY Scary.... ;)

Farrell

·
Registered
868 Posts
'I've got Ong-Back :15: on DVD and watched it loads'

I'd rather not hear about your malaysian adult entertainment collection.

:blabla:

·
Registered
756 Posts
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jonsmiff
mines 246 quid,carole nash,:cheers:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Per month

EH?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts