BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is already to collect this Saturday so thought I had better arrange for insurance etc. Nearly fell off my chair when our company broker quoted £6.5k fully comp with a £2.5k excess :eek: The broker told me that insurers are nervous of the car as there have been a few thefts "to order" over the past few months.

Can anyone suggest a better company to get a quote from any the average premiums being paid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nipper said:
Car is already to collect this Saturday so thought I had better arrange for insurance etc. Nearly fell off my chair when our company broker quoted £6.5k fully comp with a £2.5k excess :eek: The broker told me that insurers are nervous of the car as there have been a few thefts "to order" over the past few months.

Can anyone suggest a better company to get a quote from any the average premiums being paid?

Thanks!
goto Admiral - they don't even ask for a tracker device. I paid £1300 and
I'm 30 with 65% no-claims "protected" :)

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I pay £710 per year (NOT a typo) fully comp. with Norwich Union.

I have a protected NCB, clean license and live in a decent part of London; car is garaged with an approved tracker fitted :cool2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ashok Arora said:

I have a protected NCB, clean license and live in a decent part of London; car is garaged with an approved tracker fitted :cool2:
ah but your getting the cheaper quote because you have a tracker right ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ashok Arora said:

So, an old fart like me with a tracker fitted and living outside London and with max no claims should get it even cheaper then??!! :1: Will be giving them a call in the morning - Thanks guys!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Try Elephant/First Alternative/Direct Line - but on the phone not via the interweb.

Also give these guys a call and ask for Gavin www.lifesure.co.uk

With 3 years no claims they got the 996 TT Insured at about 1200 quid. RAC Trackstar fitted, garaged, unlimited mileage, social domestic and pleasure and commuting.. Second car so all our main NCB is used on the other motor.

Basically ring around a lot, and then go back and haggle, tell the brokers what other people have quoted (And you don't necessarily need to be 100% honest here.. (they can only say no sorry can't compete, and you can just say i chose your policy because i like your company better (As your get out)))

Getting cheap insurance is an art form, and you need to be a good bargainer, you'd be amazed how much money they can add to a quote as pure profit margin or mark up.. and how quickly it will come down if you haggle.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Nipper said:

Thanks!
I'm paying £800 a year with First Alternative. I'm 31 with full NCB...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts