BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas-

Just wanted to see what everyone else was paying for their annual insurance premiums. Just renewed my annual contract and mine is quoted at $1341/year (just for the M5). What rates is everyone else getting??

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
As mine is a pleasure vehicle with only 9k miles a year, I pay $696 a year fully comprehensive.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
lol, fortunately it's not registered under me, but if it was, it'd be $9300 a year! :eek:h:

Guess I have to thank everyone in my age group that drives like an idiot for making the insurance rates outrageous for me...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah, making it a 'pleasure vehicle' vs. 'main vehicle' really makes a difference. The guy I spoke with on the phone today was like, do you track this car? (of which I don't), but I responded "no...". He laughed and was like "I dont know what you do with that massive engine, but if you do, I don't want to know!"

It's apparently considered a sports car under their systems. But it doesn't help at all that these premiums hate people like me in their 20's....

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
As a primary mine would have been an additional $120 a year but as I have 3 cars I can't really make them all my primary. Lot of factors go into price: miles, age, tickets etc. I also have the multi-car discount, bundle package discount with house insurance included and a degree discount (having one gets another 5% off).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
$1296/year for just the M5..Not to mention that's after Multi Car & Home Insurance discount!
I feel like I am paying too much! I probably have to start shopping for a new one. I've been with Farmers for ever, and I know they are one of the most expensive ones, but the reason I can't leve them is my agent have been providing me superior service for the past 10 years, and I feel bad if I drop him!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
$1,296 a year w/ full coverage from USAA

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
$2000 yr Vancouver Canada
Full coverage