BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and the double shear selector rod kit. Please feel free to make suggestions, etc.

I'll be under the beast.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats, I have ordered the Evo 3 and dssr but it has been on back order for almost four weeks, I also bought a clutch from UUC that I am excited to put in, enjoy your new, snic-snic, Josh

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Make sure you put the clips on tight and correctly. I think mine was not in all the way and poped out one day at the traffic lights. I was stuck with no gear to select and my Rogue WSR hanging out the bottom of my car.

:nono:

- Kin

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just let the dealer do it. Mine quoted me 1 hr ( which is all they billed me) and it took them almost 3. Unless you're a wiz with tools ( which I most certainly am not) you will be better off getting them to do it.

PCUT

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Did it myself. Faster that driving to the dealer and certainly less stressful.

Check out:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48168

everything you need to know. At least in my mind, the seminal post on DIY EVO3/DSSR...
(Don't use the directions that come with- it'll have you removing the shift carrier and messing with the tranny, IIRC.)

Good luck

Adam

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine is actually at the dealer, amonst other things removing the DSSR they installed 3 weeks ago. Seems that there was a design change for 99 and 2000's I'm not sure, but I had no second gear. Really sucks in bumber to bumper driving, rpm's too high for 1st gear and too low for 3rd. Anyways, if anyone wants to buy it off me, I'm going to get the rogue DSSR, as I'm not too happy with UUC's service the last little while, that's why I'm going to get a Spec clutch as well instead of UUC.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
ttboyvanc said:
Mine is actually at the dealer, amonst other things removing the DSSR they installed 3 weeks ago. Seems that there was a design change for 99 and 2000's I'm not sure, but I had no second gear. Really sucks in bumber to bumper driving, rpm's too high for 1st gear and too low for 3rd. Anyways, if anyone wants to buy it off me, I'm going to get the rogue DSSR, as I'm not too happy with UUC's service the last little while, that's why I'm going to get a Spec clutch as well instead of UUC.
Wouldn't you rather discuss with UUC how to correct the problem rather than taking out the part?

Our #1 concern is your satisfaction with your UUC purchase (which shocks me when I see "customer service" unhappiness... ).

Please feel free to call us to discuss your concerns.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Rob Levinson said:
Wouldn't you rather discuss with UUC how to correct the problem rather than taking out the part?

Our #1 concern is your satisfaction with your UUC purchase (which shocks me when I see "customer service" unhappiness... ).

Please feel free to call us to discuss your concerns.
Now that is customer service - more companies need to follow this paradigm.

Wish I needed something from you Rob...

-Jeff

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi guys, don't mean to slag UUC... just that I got the wrong DSSR, and I emailed Rob a few times, and since I live in Dubai, there's a 12 hour time difference, he wants me to call, but I have tried and been unable a few times, just tired of not having second gear... I sent a few emails to Rob, but he watns a phone call which has been a PITA, thought i'd send the DSSR part back to UUC or just sell it and get a Rogue one, seems like Rogue have only one design for the DSSR, not 2 or any updates, that's all. Just a pain driving for so long with no second gear....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good luck, mine's great. I haven't missed a shift since the install, the increased effort that people worry about is actually perfect. BMW could have installed something similar to begin with, but I guess they need to cut a few corners to bag a profit...

·
Vendor
619 Posts
ttboyvanc said:
Hi guys, don't mean to slag UUC... just that I got the wrong DSSR, and I emailed Rob a few times, and since I live in Dubai, there's a 12 hour time difference, he wants me to call, but I have tried and been unable a few times, just tired of not having second gear... I sent a few emails to Rob, but he watns a phone call which has been a PITA, thought i'd send the DSSR part back to UUC or just sell it and get a Rogue one, seems like Rogue have only one design for the DSSR, not 2 or any updates, that's all. Just a pain driving for so long with no second gear....

I don't recall any un-replied e-mails, although I have been out most of the past two weeks (which is why e-mail is horrible, regardless of time differences!).

Rouge does not have a DSSR. They have a replacement selector rod whose only claims to fame are 1) heavier weight (about the same as a UUC DSSR) and 2) a history of falling apart - it's a bolted together piece under torsional load, not a good formula for staying put together!

The DSSR, and this is the important point for you as a customer to realize has a completely unique purpose not duplicated by any other part - increasing the precision of the shifting mechanism by fixing the sloppy selector joint.

That information is so critical for you to understand that it is worth reviewing the UUC info page:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/dssr

And for further comparison:

UUC:

Rouge:

·
Registered
259 Posts
That is cool -

Rob - Do you do any installations at your NJ site? I would be interested in the EVO III and DSSR...

-Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts