BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IATS AND BRAKE AIR DUCT KIT ????'S

Hi Board-

I bought both the IATS and Brake Air Duct Kit (including all the M-Technic parts) and have searched the Board for installation instructions. Does anyone have or can point me to the "definitive" instructions for installing these simple modifications? I figured this would be a great way to "get my fingers dirty" on what appears to be a couple of relatively simple procedures before really digging in with modifications.

Would someone mind providing me with a clear set of instructions-including pictures if possible-for these two installations, please? Thanks in advance!

KCD

·
10,455 Posts
Re: IATS AND BRAKE AIR DUCT KIT ????'S

good brake duct instructions by Greg are here: http://www.bmwm5.com/greg/brake_ducts/

As for the iats, I generally followed the instructions, after reading some posts here on the board. With the stock airboxes, i installed the probe in the air intake duct. With the dinan cai, i used dinan's desired location, which you can see on discovery automotive's site.
Mike
PS, i don't think there is a 'definative' way to go. Everyone has their own bias. I didn't use the m-tech parts, for instance, and you can mount the iats probe in several locations and get good results, as long as its away from engine heat.

B

·
0 Posts
Re: IATS AND BRAKE AIR DUCT KIT ????'S

kcdoyle said:
Hi Board-

I bought both the IATS and Brake Air Duct Kit (including all the M-Technic parts) and have searched the Board for installation instructions. Does anyone have or can point me to the "definitive" instructions for installing these simple modifications? I figured this would be a great way to "get my fingers dirty" on what appears to be a couple of relatively simple procedures before really digging in with modifications.

Would someone mind providing me with a clear set of instructions-including pictures if possible-for these two installations, please? Thanks in advance!

KCD
IATS installation instructions are available on www.beastpower.com.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts