BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sorry to bug, and I've done searches, but I was installing the Hella Xenon Angel Eyes on my 99 M5, and everything fits ok, EXCEPT none of the plug fit into each other. Even my Xenon plug from the old headlight doesn't reach the new plug (bulb) on the Hella Headlight. Yes, I had Xenons, and yes these lights I bought are Xenon as well. Even The Connector to my turn signal is diffrent then the old one, they don't fit? WTF? Am I missing something?

Thanks so much in advance guys... What a pain, oh well, it looks awesome with the new headlight (just have the drivers side bolted-in, not working obviously), just be good if it all plugged in!

·
10,455 Posts
Greco said:
For the Xenon's, did you get the new ballasts, or are you using the old big box ones? If you are using the old big box ones, they won't work on the AE assembly. Use this link and best of luck..
http://bmwdiy.info/celis-front/index.html
Hmm, not too sure about this. I recently upgraded my 00 M5 with angel eyes, using the Hella kit that I bought from www.germanstuff4you.com based on a search i did on the board.
1. There is an adapter harness that should come with the hella kit to mate the cars wiring to the headlamp assembly, i think greco is correct in that the high beams are the only ones that directly plug in.

2. I reused my old ballasts with no problem. I followed the instructions with the hella kit and just transfered the ballasts, they fit right in the space designed for the ballast on the angel eye lamp assembly.

I'm thinking either you didn't get a real hella kit, or at least you don't have the wiring harness adapters. If you look at www.bmwtips.com you'll find a link to the part numbers for the harness adapters from bmw and how to make a minor modification to them to make them work.
Mike

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the help guys! I am going to take some pics in a bit and post later on, so happy, car looks mint!!!

If it's never been said before, this board is the best!hiha

·
10,455 Posts
ttboyvanc said:
If it's never been said before, this board is the best!hiha
It's been said! and I agree! Lets see pics.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts