BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
They seem to keep coming out with new models. What is different about these? Are they brighter or something? I've seen angel eyes on the road I think are TOO bright for my tastes. Manufacturers seem to be going brighter and brighter and flashier and flashier. I may end up going brighter than I previous would have just so my car looks more up to date.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They seem to keep coming out with new models. What is different about these? Are they brighter or something? I've seen angel eyes on the road I think are TOO bright for my tastes. Manufacturers seem to be going brighter and brighter and flashier and flashier. I may end up going brighter than I previous would have just so my car looks more up to date.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yeah, I believe they are brighter than the previous version. I think these are as bright as they need to be. They look good during the day & at night.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know there was a thread on here where a bunch of people noticed that the drivers side ring was not as bright as the passenger side with the previous VXX model (the one with the blue housing). Is the light output even on both sides with this new model?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks great, im still deciding which upgrade to get , so many choices.

vxx or mtec or v6... errr

·
Registered
6,197 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just want to know which AEs out there match the hue of the headlights. These look pretty good, but a picture is pretty worthless for determining color match.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want to know which AEs out there match the hue of the headlights. These look pretty good, but a picture is pretty worthless for determining color match.

This might give you a better idea.

http://i.imgur.com/I1r4EOD.jpg
Left is 5000k and right is factory

----

Here's with both 5000k

----
And here's direct sunlight

(Switching foglights to HIDs soon)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those really good. May have to get a set as I've been looking at upgrading mine. thanks for the pics! Actually, just ordered a set.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are awesome Fuzzy! Where can I get those lights that are bright like yours exactly?

Thanks! The Angels are from umnitza.com the VXX ($~140)

and the Headlights are from DDMtuning.com ($15~)

Those really good. May have to get a set as I've been looking at upgrading mine. thanks for the pics! Actually, just ordered a set.

Awesome! glad i could help.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think these have been out since 2012.
VXX was originally introduced (now the V6) as a 2011 model, and 2 years later we upgraded it.

I know there was a thread on here where a bunch of people noticed that the drivers side ring was not as bright as the passenger side with the previous VXX model (the one with the blue housing). Is the light output even on both sides with this new model?
These don't have any of that issue.

Looks great, im still deciding which upgrade to get , so many choices.

vxx or mtec or v6... errr
VXX is our "top of the line" product. V6 used to be the VXX, but when we upgraded the modules with higher output, we re-introduced the VXX, and moved the original units (BLUE) down to the V6 and lowered their price.

the Mtech V3 is the same output as the V6, but not as bright as the VXX.

Thanks! The Angels are from umnitza.com the VXX ($~140)

Awesome! glad i could help.
Thanks for the positive comments! :goldcup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for chiming in, I think i will just go for the v6 probably because i dont like it too bright.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
For the E39/E60, you can't have too bright on a drop in, just due to the design of the housing, the brighter the better.

·
Registered
554 Posts
So since I have an '03 I can't ditch the reflectors without getting a whole new assembly. Do you sell a whole assembly that includes these new VXXs?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You can actually get the Projector39 Hella Style with the Orion V2 or V2.5, much better than what you have now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Look awesome. I'm installing my lights currently, went with the Orion V4, FXR Projector, and clear lenses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts