BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all before anyone asks, no I am not selling my HRE's. I wanted to put back on my 19's because the area near my new work has sh*tty roads. Plus with all the on/off rain, figured I'd give my 20's a break.....gives me a chance to thoroughly clean them inside out.

You can purchase through here:
http://www.pyspeed.com/RS-Technik-Wheel-Spacer-and-Accessories-s/795.htm

I bought the (4) 12mm RS Technik Wheel spacers from [email protected] Great speedy service- highly recommend him. Included were also the black extended lug nuts. Upon putting them on my hubs, everything seemed to fit perfect- very well built.
Onto the pics:

Front:

Rear:
For those who use 10mm, I suggest you upgrade to 12mm- fits fine and no rubbing at all.

With wheels on- sits flush to fender as my HRE's did. Looks great IMO.

For reference, a pic of my M5 when I normally have the HRE's on :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Looks great! The quality on those spacers look excellent as well. I'm guessing they're fairly light because of the material as well as the way they are drilled out?

·
Registered
114 Posts
do you feel steering vibration with spacers ?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ok, 12mm all around, on the stock wheels is it exactly flush? Does it poke out at all? Or do they sit inside the fender a small bit?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looks great Mike :)

Reactions: ThisFlyGuy

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
haven't driven with them yet- pulled it back in the garage before the rain came down. i'll give you an impression tomorrow when i head out for work....

yes slightly inside the fender so no rub. also, there is slight camber

thanks Mel

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm running 15mm's on all 4 sides with stock rims (like OP). It's perfectly flush and car rides like a dream. Using DINAN springs (as much as I hate to plug their products).

<<edit>> Once in a great while, rear tires will rub if I turn steering wheel too hard and give it too much power.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So whats your final impressions of the RS Technik Wheel spacers? I just ordered 12mm for all 4 tires.

Any vibration, rubbing, etc?

If you could go back would you put 15mm on the front? I've read that 12 rear and 15 front is the closest to flush you can go on OEM suspension- but yours looks perfect from the pics.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So whats your final impressions of the RS Technik Wheel spacers? I just ordered 12mm for all 4 tires.

Any vibration, rubbing, etc?

If you could go back would you put 15mm on the front? I've read that 12 rear and 15 front is the closest to flush you can go on OEM suspension- but yours looks perfect from the pics.
LOVE them- no vibrations, no rubbing.

personally i wouldn't want to go 15mm on front- when I make a sharp Uturn, sometimes I feel it rubs.
12mm is perfect all around for me.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
LOVE them- no vibrations, no rubbing.

personally i wouldn't want to go 15mm on front- when I make a sharp Uturn, sometimes I feel it rubs.
12mm is perfect all around for me.
I got Turner Motorsports Spacers and love them! no vibrations at all. Easy to take of when even siezed up. Better than my H&R's i had before.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Indy-
What do you mean "easy to take off when seized up?" Have you had issues where the spacer has caused issues? If so, what occurred?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Indy-
What do you mean "easy to take off when seized up?" Have you had issues where the spacer has caused issues? If so, what occurred?
Well here's a picture of H&R spacers i attached. As you can compare the H&R to Turner Motorsports spacers you can see that the H&R spacers do not have extra cut out ridges. I had 12mm H&R spacers all around on my OEM wheel setup and after a couple of months they really siezed up. They were hard to take off. I had to have the shop chisel them off in order to install my new wheels. After that i decided to get turner motorsports spacers for my new wheels. Lighter and easy to take off when even siezed up.

H&R:

Turner Motor Sports:

Reactions: NCM5Guy

·
Registered
984 Posts
With 12mm will you need longer bolts? Or can still use the OEM bolts?

·
Registered
740 Posts
what kind of suspension are you on? looks great!

·
Registered
740 Posts
yes longer bolts were included with the spacers.

H&R Springs
Race or sports? the drop looks pretty aggressive.. i love the stance even with the stock wheels!!!

Hows the ride btw? Does it compare to having 1 light on the EDC?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Race or sports? the drop looks pretty aggressive.. i love the stance even with the stock wheels!!!

Hows the ride btw? Does it compare to having 1 light on the EDC?
Race I believe....ya stance is perfect right above the tire.
Ride is better than stock...and yes i have one light on for the edc.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well here's a picture of H&R spacers i attached. As you can compare the H&R to Turner Motorsports spacers you can see that the H&R spacers do not have extra cut out ridges. I had 12mm H&R spacers all around on my OEM wheel setup and after a couple of months they really siezed up. They were hard to take off. I had to have the shop chisel them off in order to install my new wheels. After that i decided to get turner motorsports spacers for my new wheels. Lighter and easy to take off when even siezed up.

H&R:

Turner Motor Sports:
Are both of those 12mm? The turner ones look thinner. Nice machining on those btw. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts