BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Installed Powerflex bushings

1893 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Need4Spd
After noticing some wiggling I got the Powerflex bushings. Certainly an improvement. The steering feels more connected. Good upgrade.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
I was getting very loud suspension noise from up front and I thought my JRZ shock(s) were defective. One BMW dealer said the right front shock was faulty but another ( Dinan dealer) said it was fine and that the sway bar bushings were shot causing the noise. I have Eibach sway bars so I had to find replacement poly bushings. NOT EASY. I ended up getting a set from Tire Rack with a spare for future. While at it I bought Powerflex bushings from Beastpower for the thrust arms and control arms. Noise is gone and the handling seems quite tight. It is tough for me to feel a huge difference on the street as I have not pushed the car yet. Going to LPR on 4/5 and will see then. Since it was at the dealer for the shock/sway issue they did the work. I think it was around $300 or so.

· Registered
197 Posts
The Eibach bushings are red and I think the Polyflex are blue. I also upgraded the rear sway bar bracket as that got torn twice during track days.

Reactions: essex boy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.