BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fixed it - looks like there was a surge in the system that overloaded the resister in the halos. Swapping that out takes care of it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you dont mind me asking..how did you change your low beams i am having trouble taking the bulb out..DId you remove the headlight?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If you dont mind me asking..how did you change your low beams i am having trouble taking the bulb out..DId you remove the headlight?

Funny I was about to reply to your question and then you PMed me. Let me know if you have any other questions. Overall it's not that hard and it helps if you unbolt your headlights so you have more room to work with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Upgraded mine as well.
Any suggestions where to mount the ballasts? I don't want to remove the bumper and I didn't seem to find any decent place to mount the just by feeling.

Anyways mine with AIB V3 and 6000K hids:

With 9000K lows:

And with only fogs+angels:
Looks awesome! I need to upgrade... What did you do with the ballasts - did you find a good spot for them?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks awesome! I need to upgrade... What did you do with the ballasts - did you find a good spot for them?
I found it the best just to mount them on the bottom of the bumper with 3M double side tape. Had no trouble with them with 3years of usage and they always stayed in place. Easily accessible and you can mount them flat. There is plenty of space there and you don't have to drill any holes.

what bulbs did you use for your angel eyes?
thanks
Think he uses Angel iBright V3.0 - White. Angel iBright.com
Correct. Angel iBright V3.0 in white.

·
Registered
208 Posts
jrhaile - Thanks for the GREAT site reference (DDM Tuning). Lots of great stuff there. Both my bumpers need repaired/replaced and DDM Tuning offers lots of alternatives (fog lights, license plate bracket, and bumpers with all kinds of options). THANKS! hiha

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
jrhaile - Thanks for the GREAT site reference (DDM Tuning). Lots of great stuff there. Both my bumpers need repaired/replaced and DDM Tuning offers lots of alternatives (fog lights, license plate bracket, and bumpers with all kinds of options). THANKS! hiha
Just a fair warning, DDM Tuning is very...well...unpredictable. It is a hit or miss with their products, and non-local customers seem to complain often about being able to reach them for refunds/questions/tech support/returns or slow order processing. The success ratio of their products are really about 50%. HIDs work great, when they work. Bumpers work great, when they fit. The fog lights on their M5 bumpers cannot be adjusted. So if they come pointed up, well, you're going to have to make due because they won't give you a replacement, because they know that all of them do the same. The only things I would buy from them are their HID kits and other small accessories. They are prices very low for a reason. And I'm talking about both product and customer service level. I'm not saying don't buy from them. I'm just saying if you do, just don't expect the same experience as buying from other vendors, such as JLeviSW or Brecus, etc. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a fair warning, DDM Tuning is very...well...unpredictable. It is a hit or miss with their products, and non-local customers seem to complain often about being able to reach them for refunds/questions/tech support/returns or slow order processing. The success ratio of their products are really about 50%. HIDs work great, when they work. Bumpers work great, when they fit. The fog lights on their M5 bumpers cannot be adjusted. So if they come pointed up, well, you're going to have to make due because they won't give you a replacement, because they know that all of them do the same. The only things I would buy from them are their HID kits and other small accessories. They are prices very low for a reason. And I'm talking about both product and customer service level. I'm not saying don't buy from them. I'm just saying if you do, just don't expect the same experience as buying from other vendors, such as JLeviSW or Brecus, etc. ;)

Ah, crap. I'll definitely approach them with caution (if at all). What's that saying? If it sounds too good to be true...

Thanks for the word of warning!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found it the best just to mount them on the bottom of the bumper with 3M double side tape. Had no trouble with them with 3years of usage and they always stayed in place. Easily accessible and you can mount them flat. There is plenty of space there and you don't have to drill any holes.
Sweet! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good! I installed mine a couple weeks back. I also upgrade to HID high beams. The only problem was you have to cut the OEM bulb holder and glue the bulb to it! That was not fun! But i managed! BUt when they warm up and you need them, they really shine!

·
Vendor
2,277 Posts
For those of you that want a solid non-failing HID kit, the canbus kits we've been using for the new LCI cars on the E60 work perfectly. NO glitches, start every time, and work beautifully - no failures for $125 shipped.

·
Registered
991 Posts
http://www.ddmtuning.com/

I paid 150 shipped for them with the lifetime warranty...
They claim to have asolution for the check foglights issue: "contains circuitry to prevent modern cars from setting a bulb-out warning message so you can be assured of full compatability with any car, "

Seems like they are right!
Yup, still no problems at all today and I've turned them on and off a dozen times showing them off to friends :haha:

DDM really makes a high quality product for more than reasonable prices. I have a set of 35w lowbeams in my E30 and I put a set of 55w lowbeams in my brother's 911. No problems what so ever. And lifetime warrantee.. can't beat it with a stick.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Thanks Diny.

Based on M55555's warning of DDM's reliability and customer support I thought I should ask.
I don't think that it's a DDM issue. I've never had experience with them, so I can't speak about their reliability and service. However, those projector lights are all about the same and all suffer from the same issues.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Sweet...

Just installed mine. 35W 5000K White DDM Tuning HID Fogs Kit.

Really easy to install. Very bright...perfect match to my low beams. Also, no Error Codes!! Apparently the new kits from DDM come with built in resistors.

Very happy and it's a whole new world of brightness!!!

[/IMG]

201 - 220 of 228 Posts