BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
I do. Right now, not on the standard OEM 166M's, but same width and with 12 mm spacing. No rubbing on the rears, ever.

However, at full left or right steering angle, I sometimes get slight rubbing in the front on uneven surfaces. That's with 255's on stock rim dimensions, 12 mm spacing and about 25-30 mm lowering. There are members here with 12 or even 15 mm spacers, that say they don't get that, so it must be rather individual. However, my wheel alignment is 100% according to spec. Checked it two weeks ago.

Good to know! Anyone run 295's on stock rims with 12mm spacers?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I do. Right now, not on the standard OEM 166M's, but same width and with 12 mm spacing. No rubbing on the rears, ever.

However, at full left or right steering angle, I sometimes get slight rubbing in the front on uneven surfaces. That's with 255's on stock rim dimensions, 12 mm spacing and about 25-30 mm lowering. There are members here with 12 or even 15 mm spacers, that say they don't get that, so it must be rather individual. However, my wheel alignment is 100% according to spec. Checked it two weeks ago.
Thanks for the info! I might go with 295's then in spring! Mine is lowered, but I guess it will be ok.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
20 Participants
V10Beamer
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing