BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The install went OK. The muffler shop didnt line up the cans properly, and one of them is slightly sideways, but I figured i would fix it when i install an X-pipe. Other than an awesome sound, i didnt notice any change in performance, except i can now break my rear wheesl free when i punch it in 2nd going at 35-40 mph without slipping the clutch. I have never been able to do this before. The only way i could spin the wheels prior to the maganflows was either while shifting from 1st to 2nd, or if cruising in 2nd, i would punch the gas and slip the clutch. The car dosent feel any faster, and i dont believe the cans add any horsepower or torque. Anyone else have a similar experience after replacing their mufflers. The rest of my exhaust is stock.

Thanks

Zamir

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are correct, i just dont feel the difference, other than i can hear the tires.

·
Registered
446 Posts
you are correct, i just dont feel the difference, other than i can hear the tires.
So you can't feel it when the *** end starts dancing after you mash the go pedal? :blabla:cherrsagai

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I got my 14816's installed, but it was spot on. Lou's Custom Exhaust in Worcester did the work and they were nothing short of perfectionists. I am very happy with the sound. I now routinely blip the throttle just before take off, because the Magnaflow's have a nice quick grunt when I do that.

Also, my clutch has about 6k miles on it, so I can't comment on your slippage.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Performance is gained in the first 3 feet of the exhaust. Do headers if you want more power.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Mine will be arriving today, then I need to make an appt. at the muffler shop to get them installed. I will post back when I have them in.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
So do you think the rear tires break loose due to the less weight at the rear?

·
Registered
606 Posts
in the high end...
Performance is gained, period. I should've phrased it clearly.

Nobody should expect power from a muffler change. Headers is where the power comes from on these cars.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could be the weight, or maybe its more torque, but I'm not complaining. The sound is great. I now set off a few alarms when I enter and leave the parking garage at work!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts