BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Installed Magnaflows 14816

1014 11
The install went OK. The muffler shop didnt line up the cans properly, and one of them is slightly sideways, but I figured i would fix it when i install an X-pipe. Other than an awesome sound, i didnt notice any change in performance, except i can now break my rear wheesl free when i punch it in 2nd going at 35-40 mph without slipping the clutch. I have never been able to do this before. The only way i could spin the wheels prior to the maganflows was either while shifting from 1st to 2nd, or if cruising in 2nd, i would punch the gas and slip the clutch. The car dosent feel any faster, and i dont believe the cans add any horsepower or torque. Anyone else have a similar experience after replacing their mufflers. The rest of my exhaust is stock.

Thanks

Zamir
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are correct, i just dont feel the difference, other than i can hear the tires.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well I got my 14816's installed, but it was spot on. Lou's Custom Exhaust in Worcester did the work and they were nothing short of perfectionists. I am very happy with the sound. I now routinely blip the throttle just before take off, because the Magnaflow's have a nice quick grunt when I do that.

Also, my clutch has about 6k miles on it, so I can't comment on your slippage.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Mine will be arriving today, then I need to make an appt. at the muffler shop to get them installed. I will post back when I have them in.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
So do you think the rear tires break loose due to the less weight at the rear?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could be the weight, or maybe its more torque, but I'm not complaining. The sound is great. I now set off a few alarms when I enter and leave the parking garage at work!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.