BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the AC Schnitzer pedals, ;) a few notes...

I ordered the footrest as well, but the one they gave me must was the wrong part,... so sent that back for another day. So what I did install was the brake, clutch and gas pedals...

The brake is metal, so drilling takes a few more seconds, the clutch is some kind of pastic so drilled easy. No problems with either of these, pretty simple.

The gas was another story. they give you a new gas pedal, but getting the old out is a hassle, getting to the release, then prying it out... -but OK, done.

The problem with mounting the gas pedal is-there is a gap where the ends/screws are, as no layer of rubber as there is in the middle 80%... -so put a shim or something (small washers) so it is the same thickness of the rubber betwen the pedal -to prevent bowing the AC Schitzer part (creating a gap in the middle)...

Sorry I didn't take an example pic of that, anyway I think they look decent, of course you don't see them when you're in the seat...

Worth the $$ ?, up to you... - for me, with the all the other stuff from ACS I have, carbon fiber trim, shifter, brake handle, it's a nice fit...

The first pic is the old, the second the new...

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks great. I had UUC fakies in my MCoupe. Looked at real ones, looked at the fake ones...my shoes could not really detect the difference.

Thinking of "ultimate pedals" this time around.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looking good Mark. I have the same thing except the dead pedal in favor of keeping OEM with the M logo. Great upgrade IMO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have to admit that is a very aesthetically pleasing change. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Thats a good look. It looks like it will have a positive impact on heel n toe..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts