BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, Meisterschaft is the devil and the product is trash compared to other exhausts out there, but I had an opportunity to put it on my car to test it out today, so I did.

Member "thebearswin" took it off of his car (Sec 1/2/3) because it was too loud for him and I think he got 3? tickets. Anyway, he had it stored at Euro Rev (shout out for great service/nice guys), so he said I could put it on my car and drive it, and return it to him if I thought it was too loud.

I ONLY got the mufflers installed, and let me say HOLY CRAP this thing is loud. Its absolutely amazing, but the whole entire way home, sitting in 405 traffic, all I thought to myself was "I'm going to get a ticket, I'm going to get a ticket." Well guess what, turning left off the freeway offramp through an underpass a cop is sitting at a red light at the intersecting street and SURE ENOUGH he friggen pulls me over! ON THE WAY HOME FROM GETTING IT INSTALLED! I explain to him I just got it put on and I'll get it taken off tomorrow, but he doesn't buy it and claims its too loud to let me off. So...a ticket with the exhaust day 1.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to take this sucker off my car on Monday. The fear of getting a ticket disrupts my ability to enjoy the beastly sound. And let me tell you, this thing sounds incredible. I can't help but push it because its music to my ears. Despite the issues with Meisterschaft, I suggest all of you who have never been in a car with this exhaust to find someone and take a ride. I may convince myself to keep it before the weekend is over, but I'll have to avoid another ticket, first! Chances are slim! :dunno::hihi::hihi:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I had Meisterschaft section1&2&GT (back then it was known as "eisenmann":hihi:) for six months, but luckily no tickets, just neighbor complained from as far as a block away outside my complex.

It insanely loud:viking2:

·
Registered
907 Posts
On the way home? Hahahaha..wow.....that's gotta be some kind of record....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the way home? Hahahaha..wow.....that's gotta be some kind of record....
Seriously, but the funny thing is I am looking for excuses to drive the beast even more than before! I might just have to keep it and wait it out, maybe a maximum of 3 or 4 tickets before I take it off....such a predicament I'm in, haha. :confused:ouich

·
Registered
968 Posts
im thinking of going no mufflers with a switch.
Not a big fan of that, I met a guy with an SL600 with the same setup, the exhaust is dumped before the mufflers so the sound doesn't come from the tips, it bounces off the ground and sounds like it's coming from the center of the car. I didn't like it, the directionality sounded weird.

How much does that run anyway?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Out of curiosity how does the exhaust note compare with my ASR gen.II full exhaust (SECTIONS 1,2 &3). Here is the video of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWHPIcoksc

I know videos are not as exact but just curious.
Thanks,

Ranger

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Out of curiosity how does the exhaust note compare with my ASR gen.II full exhaust (SECTIONS 1,2 &3). Here is the video of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWHPIcoksc

I know videos are not as exact but just curious.
Thanks,

Ranger
Juan, you should know better than anyone coz you used to have meisterschaft w/carbon baked tips:blink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts