BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this and it would appear to be a simple install, but there is a bunch of plastic parts covering the center from the windshield wiper assembly, etc. It looks like it is attached by a couple of torx bits, but there has to be more holding it on. The dinan instructions were less than helpful and was hoping anyone who has installed any front strut tower bar could shed some light on how to install...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

is it a bolt on mod?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. Got it removed - needed a couple of torx bits to remove the plastic shroud and it was pretty easy after that.

I must say I was very skeptical about the value of this $600 CF bar. But I got it free with purchase of a dinan exhaust. Once I removed the stocker I knew the replacement was going to make a difference. The stock one is flimsy aluminum.

While I haven't really noticed any significant road handling changes - the biggest thing is the additional steering wheel firmness - This was a major gripe of mine and I'm very happy with the amount of tension in the wheel - the way it should be from the beginning. - Almost worth the $600 just for this.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
anyone else make a strut bar for the M5... thats not CF and costs $600 bucks?

·
Registered
637 Posts
AC Schnitzer - Aluminum
Revozport sells an ACS Replica strut tower brace as well.
I think RDSport has one as well.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
The change was that significant? That was a nice surprice!

Yes. Got it removed - needed a couple of torx bits to remove the plastic shroud and it was pretty easy after that.

I must say I was very skeptical about the value of this $600 CF bar. But I got it free with purchase of a dinan exhaust. Once I removed the stocker I knew the replacement was going to make a difference. The stock one is flimsy aluminum.

While I haven't really noticed any significant road handling changes - the biggest thing is the additional steering wheel firmness - This was a major gripe of mine and I'm very happy with the amount of tension in the wheel - the way it should be from the beginning. - Almost worth the $600 just for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts