BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had a problem with my amplifier and brang the car to a friends shop which has ista and ista/p, but while i am here i thought it would be a good time to bleed the vanos unit and test the pressure, what other procedures do you guys reccommend i do while i have access to ista!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out i neeed all four vanos solenoids, bummer!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Run the VANOS ventilation procedure then reperform the VANOS performance test. Watch all the results change. Then, run the ventilation again and retest. They'll change again. Change your oil and then perform it, they'll change even more.

The only values to be concerned about in the VANOS performance test are "spread too small" and "spread to great" timings. If those are in spec, don't bother replacing the solenoids, you'll need to again in 5 miles according to that test.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses, so I got 0.39 on 1
0.47 on 2
0.59 on 3
0.48 on 4
With new 10w60 full syntethic( less than 300 miles)
New filter and I ran the test and ventilation three times. All the too smalls were good but one of them said too great. Can't remember
which one. But the funny thing is while I was running the ventilation on the second run, the car just stalled. And kept stalling so I turned on the ac at max as it keeps the idle higher and ran it the third time, then it stopped stalling and all is well but the results I wrote are the highest I got :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts