BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simply put i cant get the O2, Cats, and SAP to show ready for inspection.

ive logged easily 700 miles and they are still not ready, only plausable thing i can think of is that i have bad cats, they rattle, so the O2 and cats will not show ready, but that doesnt explain the SAP? the only thing i can think of that would effect the air pump is that my thermostat isnt operating like it should and appears to be stuck open, im basing that off of the fact that my car runs really cold lately.

thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
No codes? The engine must be fully warmed. If you are not reaching 80 c in temp my GUESS is they are not considered in a state to test readiness. This would be consistent with other OBDII vehicles, but an M5 can't say for sure. I believe one of the tests for the SAP is the state of efficiency of the cat some time after the SAP shuts down. If your cats are rattling 99% they are toast.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Aftermarket software? Maybe the post cat O2 sensors are turned off. FWIW my car passed inspection this year with a failing thermostat.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No codes? The engine must be fully warmed. If you are not reaching 80 c in temp my GUESS is they are not considered in a state to test readiness. This would be consistent with other OBDII vehicles, but an M5 can't say for sure. I believe one of the tests for the SAP is the state of efficiency of the cat some time after the SAP shuts down. If your cats are rattling 99% they are toast.
that sounds reasonable, ill try a new thermo and see if that fixes the issue. i just need one more "ready" to pass inspection, damn it.

Aftermarket software? Maybe the post cat O2 sensors are turned off. FWIW my car passed inspection this year with a failing thermostat.
the sensors arent turned "off" but they are turned all the way down to make every reading appear "good" lol...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come to think of it, i dont really "hear" the SAP like i used to.

i have ESS tune on my car, but talking to those monkeys on the phone is like talking to a brick wall. so the "tune" part is semi questionable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts