BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the service lights came up today with Inspection and the little clock symbol next to the text. I checked my service book and it seems the next service will be the inspection 2. Anyone got an idea of cost and what is done/ replaced for this service??

Cheers

Steve

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
hertfordshire1 said:
Well, the service lights came up today with Inspection and the little clock symbol next to the text. I checked my service book and it seems the next service will be the inspection 2. Anyone got an idea of cost and what is done/ replaced for this service??

Cheers

Steve
Steve
If you have the sevice manual it will give you a schedule. It is an extensive service.
Interrogate the DME for fault codes.
Change Plugs, Air,oil & fuel filters.
Valve clearances. (I believe these should be done every 12k miles. 24k odd miles is to long & they are out of tolerance long before from experience)
Check pads & clean/replace as necessary.
Change differential & Trans oil.
Check steering & suspension components.
Change the front end accessory drive belts.
Every so many insp2 's you need to bleed the brakes( every 2 to 3 yrs)
Change the Hydraulic fluid.
Change the engine coolant.
Check & grease door hinges & locks
Check wipers & washers etc

And so its goes on.... and on...!

Im doing this from memory so not conclusive by any means.
Cost is a hard one as Ive never had a service that was just confined to the schedule items.

I think you will be looking at £600 ish upwards.

Regards
Farrell

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
farrell said:
Steve
If you have the sevice manual it will give you a schedule. It is an extensive service.

I have the service manual, but it is in Italian, as my M5 was originally sold in Rome!

Cheers for the info,

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts