BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warning light came this past weekend...I printed from Owner's Circle what they do for Inspection I. Seems easy enough. Do you guys recommend just doing Inspection I myself (I'm out of warranty). Which oil should I use? 5/30 or 10/60? and which brand? Do you guys know what the part numbers for OEM oil filter and the air filters are? How do I reset the service indicator without a Resetting tool.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind found part numbers from RealOEM. Also looked at BMWTips and they have a way to reset without a tool. Now is just trying to figure out which oil. More reading to do in the Search tool

·
10,458 Posts
you honestly do not need the part numbers for this stuff, go to any dealers parts dept and say i need oil and air filters and microfilters for an M5 and they'll know what to get you. The oil partly depends on your production date. If you car was produced 3/00 or earlier, you need to use the tws 10.60, later than that and you're a bit more open to other options. You'll find a lot of thoughts and opinions with a search, but no real hard data. One thing that does seem to be true, the s62 will use less oil if you use 10.60 vs 5/30, so if your car burns oil, it might be worth trying the thicker oil to see if consumption goes down.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts