BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A secret mail arrived :hihi:

Verified this morning straight from Production:

There is no US market delay, (as far as production is concerned)

Dealers will get pricing and literature in mid July; pricing is still soft (awaiting approval) so no one really knows for sure. Absolutely no orders will be accepted prior to the official release date, regardless of what is said by the dealers.

Production begins in early September.

X00 cars are loaded in the production schedule for November (USA deliveries)

X00 cars will be produced for December

Please don't use the actual numbers publicly on the boards; I need to protect my source as they are a good personal friend.

I do not know the dealer allocations. I can verify the information is straight off the production schedules as of this morning.

If there is something particular you would like to know about any of the models, please let me know and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the update, Gustav! Always a source of the best information...

Gustav said:
A secret mail arrived :hihi:

Verified this morning straight from Production:

There is no US market delay, (as far as production is concerned)

Dealers will get pricing and literature in mid July; pricing is still soft (awaiting approval) so no one really knows for sure. Absolutely no orders will be accepted prior to the official release date, regardless of what is said by the dealers.

Production begins in early September.

X00 cars are loaded in the production schedule for November (USA deliveries)

X00 cars will be produced for December

Please don't use the actual numbers publicly on the boards; I need to protect my source as they are a good personal friend.

I do not know the dealer allocations. I can verify the information is straight off the production schedules as of this morning.

If there is something particular you would like to know about any of the models, please let me know and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
714 Posts
X00 cars for Nov
X00 cars for Dec

but production starts in Sept. so,
? cars for Sept
? cars for Oct

or are they referring to US Productions starts in Nov?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Gustav --

Many thanks for keeping the US people informed. The anticipation is peaking, as is the speculation about the US production schedule, so it is very helpful to have reliable inside information.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice too see. Now if BMW USA would just give us an official release. The Nov and Dec #s are referring to deliveries I assume and would be reffering to Sept and Oct productions.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I sure hope that I can get one of the early deliveries. I dont know if I can wait much longer. I am crossing my fingers that the dealer doesnt jerk me around since I have never purchased a BMW and because of my age.

·
Registered
84 Posts
chaos270 said:
Very nice too see. Now if BMW USA would just give us an official release. The Nov and Dec #s are referring to deliveries I assume and would be reffering to Sept and Oct productions.
I guess this means mine is going straight to storage :sad1: No way I'm driving it brand new in Boston's bad, BAAAD winter conditions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts